Ruger Forum banner
141 - 155 of 155 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
I've carried for quite a few years, and I started off with a S&W Model 64 or my Security Six. As I got more accustomed to CCW and expanded my inventory I moved on to a 1911, then a Sig P232, or a Sig P226. I currently rotate my CCW every few months. I train and practice with all of them regularly. I have also read and "discussed" carry capacity on different sites and with fellow shooters. Honestly it can be a hot topic. I was taught to hit what I was shooting at and to make every shot count. I wish to cast this out for responses from my fellow forum members.

Do you carry a semi-automatic or carry a revolver?
Do you carry reloads for you CCW on you?

If you carry a semi-automatic, is it high capacity (15+)?
If you carry a revolver, do you carry reloads?

Grumpy
1. Both

2. Never use reloads for SD. Kind of like being a doctor and not going to another doctor for your ills. They don't do that.

3. Yes, and no. Depends on where I'm going and what works best.

4. No. I don't use reloads for SD.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
1. Both

2. Never use reloads for SD. Kind of like being a doctor and not going to another doctor for your ills. They don't do that.

3. Yes, and no. Depends on where I'm going and what works best.

4. No. I don't use reloads for SD.
I don't think the OP was talking about reloaded ammo. Rather I think he meant spare ammo.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I've carried for quite a few years, and I started off with a S&W Model 64 or my Security Six. As I got more accustomed to CCW and expanded my inventory I moved on to a 1911, then a Sig P232, or a Sig P226. I currently rotate my CCW every few months. I train and practice with all of them regularly. I have also read and "discussed" carry capacity on different sites and with fellow shooters. Honestly it can be a hot topic. I was taught to hit what I was shooting at and to make every shot count. I wish to cast this out for responses from my fellow forum members.

Grumpy
I rotate back and forth between slide guns and revolvers. I own more semis than wheel guns, so I tend to carry them most.

·
Registered
12 Posts

Grumpy
Rotation includes: P365XL or P365 each with spare mag on belt (10+1 in MA)--then I also carry P238 7+1 with spare mag--and/or LCP MAX 10+1 with spare mag--the.380's at work where I have to pocket carry. I recently bought a S&W CSX and carry it once in a while but I'm reluctant because (I live in MA) and was only able to keep the 10+1 magazine (had to leave the 12 round at the shop b/c of mag capacity ban) and I still can't find a spare mag for purchase.

·
Registered
19 Posts

Grumpy
Usually 99.9 % I carry my Glock 26 with extended mags capacity 13 rnds
Use factory ammo and also have extra mag in each of my vehicle

·
Registered
683 Posts
I have a question cause "stuff" has happened to me in real life.... if you have a belt with 17 rounds on one side, and 34 rounds on the other..... what the heck do you do when nature calls in a hurry and all ya got is a high cut stall public restroom....🤣🤣🤣

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have a few but really I tend to carry a Glock 43 equipped with a fiber-optic front sight and a TLR-6 WML (and a single spare mag). Some of the others that sometimes get into the rotation are a Taurus 605 Protector (Poly-esque) 5-shot .357 mag snubby (and 2-3 speed strips) and a Glock 26 when I feel like carrying a 12+1 and 1-2 (15 round) spare mags. I don't feel under-gunned with either the Taurus or the G43 at 5 or 6 rounds. I would probably carry the wheel-gun more often if someone would come out with a WML for it.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I have a question cause "stuff" has happened to me in real life.... if you have a belt with 17 rounds on one side, and 34 rounds on the other..... what the heck do you do when nature calls in a hurry and all ya got is a high cut stall public restroom....🤣🤣🤣
Drop it all in the underware.

141 - 155 of 155 Posts