Ruger Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
721 Posts
I also had a pistol stolen from my truck, so I will be getting a safe as well. My job expressly forbids weapons on the property, but the parking garage is OK. So I either have to commute to and from work without a weapon, or have some kind of safe in the truck. What really troubles me is that anyone who has ever worked there knows that those who carry weapons will be leaving them in their vehicles all day long. I make it a practice to not discuss the fact that I have a concealed weapons permit or that I carry weapons.
And this is the problem with all of these gun free zones. They encourage theft from your car and puts guns in the hands of criminals. I agree with you about telling my business. My work also forbids weapons in the building, but doesn't specifically say anything about the parking lot. For one, the lot is shared so its not exactly their property, and two, they'd have to search my car to find it there and how the heck would that scenario ever occur? Open up your car for our susprise pistol search, or you're fired??:confused:

· Registered
721 Posts
I have one of these steel boxes with the cable. That is better than a backpack (same thing happened to me, luckily I only had a few bucks in the backpack and dirty gym clothes). However, I don't trust it. A determined thief could have a lock/cable/bolt cutter. I saw a steel casing that fits inside your console permanently and has a lock on top of it, but it was very specific to certain model trucks. This is what I want. A strong box permanently affixed to the car.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.