Ruger Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1,534 Posts
I have one of these under my driver's seat;

V-Line Model 279-S Compact Handgun Pistol Safe - V-Line Handgun Safes

It is shallow enough to fit under the seat, doesn't require battaries or a key to open, and you can set the button combo to anything that is easy for you to remember. You don't need light to dial in a combo or to dig a key out of your pocket. You can open it without looking once you practice putting your fingers on the buttons. It is secured to my seat frame with a stout cable and a u-bolt.

Nothing is completely theft proof, but a thug would have to have some stout bolt cutters or a pry bar to open or remove it. It would certainly protect you from the smash and grab situation you probably faced.

Hate that this happened to you. I've been there, and I know it totally sux big time.

· Registered
1,534 Posts
and why would one leave ones Gun in the truck, supposed to be on you, if it is banned in certain places then don't go there.
How about if one of those places happens to be where you work? Yeah, easy to say "get another job", much much harder to actually do that. The alternative is to leave it at home and not be armed at all. Is that acceptable?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.