Ruger Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After waiting 9 week from finger printing I got the call yesterday at work!:)
"Your CCW is ready" she said!!!! But Da#nit I'm at work! (I work 2nd)!:mad:
So I got up this morning and went to pick it up!!
I am now the newest CCW holder in the county!!:p

Tim

·
Double P90 Shooter
19,890 Posts
Congrats on being one of the club of safe armed citizens...

·
Registered
86 Posts
Congrats! NINE weeks? You coulda had a kitten in that amount of time!

My Ohio (resident) kinda made me mad, first 40 min trip (one way) to drop off app. Wait til next Saturday. Another 40 min drive to get printed. Wait til next Saturday. Another 40 min drive to get my picture taken, and then they printed it on the spot. I was angry. 2 hours total drive time and 3 weeks still isn't as bad as what you had!

Then I went for my non-resident PA. SUPER SUPER smooth, dropped off my app, got my picture taken. Nice lady said 3 weeks. It was in my mailbox 3 weeks to the day.

Anyways, congrats!

·
Registered
549 Posts
Greetings and Welcome from the great state of North Carolina...Congrats on getting your permit. So, what are you planning to use as your carry?

·
Banned
29,619 Posts
Congratulation and welcome to the forum and jealousy sent your way from NJ where ccw permits for civilians are as common as a progun nycity mayor.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Greetings and Welcome from the great state of North Carolina...Congrats on getting your permit. So, what are you planning to use as your carry?
Right now I am carrying a Taurus 24/7 9mm, I just sent my Taurus 605 Poly Proctor back to to Taurus to be "Fixed" (the Polymer is coming off)
SHOULD HAVE GOTTEN A SP101 OR GP100!!!!!
When it comes back I will be looking to trade it off.........

Tim

·
Registered
5,807 Posts
Right now I am carrying a Taurus 24/7 9mm, I just sent my Taurus 605 Poly Proctor back to to Taurus to be "Fixed" (the Polymer is coming off)
SHOULD HAVE GOTTEN A SP101 OR GP100!!!!!
When it comes back I will be looking to trade it off.........Tim
Congrat's on the CCW! If you're going to carry it, I recommend an SP101 or 3' GP100! Both are great revolvers...but the GP100 can be a bit heavy after a while! My 2.25" SP101 has been my 'go to' gun since Dec. 1994...and it's a great gun!

·
Registered
17,444 Posts
Welcome from the Texas Panhandle.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Took me over 6 months from initial fingerprinting/application submission to license in hand. They returned it twice with an excuse that the fingerprints did not meet the FBI requirement even though they were done by deputies at the county sheriff's station. The third try I had to visit the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation and they were done by a nice older lady. Now I'm good for 10 years and "Open Carry" takes effect in OK next month.

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
Congratulations on the new permit. The backlog for the application in my county is 2 months so mine is at the end of November.

·
Registered
6,775 Posts
Congratulations! I know my 19 days, including a holiday took forever! LOL I hope your ccw gives you as much comfort as mine does. ;)

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm in Mooresville and I was the same way. When the heck was it ever gonna get here. But 8 weeks to the day that I turned my info in I got the call. Of course that was 10 months ago but it seems like yesterday. Congrats by the way.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Welcome to the forum and enjoy it! Congratulations, now practice and learn, read the laws.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
It took the FBI forever to approve me. It seems I fit their "serial killer" profile - white, middle aged, factory worker, keeps to myself, no pets, likes guns, etc, etc. I guess they thought I was fix'n to blow up or something. They even went and talked to my neighbors. That's been over a decade ago, during which time I went through a messy divorce, and I'm still standing (and carrying). So much for their profile.
From the time I mailed the application to the time I got the letter to go to the drivers station was about six months. That was a loooong time.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.