Ruger Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Banned
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well with summer shortly coming to an end, are y'all planning to change your CCW Summer Carry to something a "Bit Bigger" for your CCW Winter Carry ?

·
Banned
308 Posts
Well with summer shortly coming to an end, are y'all planning to change your
CCW Summer Carry to something a bit bigger for your CCW Winter Carry ?

Photos always welcome, showcase your fav summer and/or winter carry here !
:D
Same weapon but I change the grips from summer white grips to winter black grips after the first of September.

Actually what I carry depends on where I'm at and what I'm doing.

Radio George

·
Registered
173 Posts
I carry my LCR 357 mostly but I own a few pairs of shorts and jeans with shallow pockets and when I have those on I carry my LCP.

·
Banned
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
After my own personal testing with my LCP .380 along with Hornady CD FTX's and much practice practice practice, I'll be sticking with it during all 4 seasons.

·
Super Moderator
16,338 Posts
Nothing changes for me. It's either my Springfield 1911 Micro-compact or my CZ 2075 RAMI. :)

·
Registered
428 Posts
In the cooler weather i tend to carry my SP 101 in 357 over my G19.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
I usually carry a larger firearm in the winter maybe even an all metal pistol like a 92 fs or one if my 1911's ,most other times its just a G19 or a J frame revolver

·
Registered
5,246 Posts
I carry my LCR 357 mostly but I own a few pairs of shorts and jeans with shallow pockets and when I have those on I carry my LCP.
+1 on this, although I also rotate the LCR with a LC9 and XDs .45

·
Registered
701 Posts
CZ75D PCR in the summer, CZ75D PCR in the winter. I have a LC9 and an LC9s Pro, if I ever feel the need to go smaller, the LC9s Pro will be it. I actually outshot my full sized CZ75BD with it today at the range. I shoot the striker fired version much better than the original.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
In the eternal summer that is swampy Florida I am in "summer carry" mode year round. Shorts and T shirt everyday means J frame in my pocket.
Same here but, I've lived here for 40 some years. Anything below 70 degrees requires jeans and a flannel shirt, at the very least... "Eternal summer"? I don't think so! :eek:

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Winter is indeed coming. Soon I'll be putting up firewood and storing away the bike. Time to re-install the compact Lett's on my old GP100 so she can see some belt time again.
Not much sense in carrying an LCP when you've got an XL Carhartt parka as a cover garment.

·
Registered
671 Posts
I have 4 guns in carry rotation. I carry them all throughout the year. Weather plays no part in it for me.
Glock 32 .357SIG
XDs .45
LCP .380
Taurus 850 .38 Special
I just put on what I feel like that day. The majority of the time it's the XDs.

·
Ruger Tinkerer
11,898 Posts
Same here but, I've lived here for 40 some years. Anything below 70 degrees requires jeans and a flannel shirt, at the very least... "Eternal summer"? I don't think so! :eek:
You must not live as far south as I do. The only things that live further south than I do have fins and gills.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Same weapon but I change the grips from summer white grips to winter black grips after the first of September.

Actually what I carry depends on where I'm at and what I'm doing.

Radio George
Is there an option for Winter White or even Bone White after Labor Day?

I've given up on trying to match my shoes...

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
No change in firearms [SR9c, LCP or Sig P320 compact], but I will switch from IWB to OWB.

·
Banned
650 Posts
I have nice guns to carry but most of the time I end up carrying an LCP. I have a small belt holster that I use most of the time. I do pocket carry but I try to avoid pocket carry when it is possible.

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
The only thing I change is how I conceal it. If I can wear a jacket, I don't have to tuck the shirt over it.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.