Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
~I have a NAA Guardian .32 BUG that is my "Always Gun"~
http://members.aol.com/normtrudeau2/NAA/CaseAndGuardian.jpg
Because of the Low FPE of a .32 you need to go with the FBI's recommendation to make a .32 into a "Deadly Beast"... You will get Deadly results with FMJ's... You will shoot holes in Heads, holes though Lungs, Heart, and reach deep enough to to Blow Out A Splene Or Aorta... All these lead to Bleed Out and Death... Only a Head shot or Spine shot above the shoulders is a Knock Down One Shot in any Caliber...

Note: Hollow Points must be thought of as a Para shoot that opens up to slow the Bullet Down on bigger calibers that have High FPE's to keep 100% of the Bullets (no shoot through) energy in the BG... The Bigger Wound Channel is just a Bonus for Bigger Calibers that leads to faster Bleed Out and incapacitation...

Note: Always back that first shot up with a quick second shot...<:)) Now that you have the BG's attention with the Two Holes you put in him, it is optional to empty your gun on him...<:)) Remember, its not fare to shoot BG's in the Back...!!! That Takes Points Off Your SCORE...<:))

~Pick Your Poison Bullet~you will see Bullets that surpass the "FBI's" recommend 12" to 14" penetration...
http://www.goldenloki.com/ammo/gel/32acp/gel32acp.htm

Handgun Wounding Factors and Effectiveness
http://www.firearmstactical.com/pdf/fbi-hwfe.pdf

Who says one of the "Best Finished" (gold looking) and Deepest Penetrating Bullets isn't priced right...!!!
Fiocchi Ammunition 32acp 73gr FMJ (50)
http://store.dauvensfishinhole.com/2006625.html

·
Forum Founder
3,639 Posts
My always gun will always be my KP90DC. I have a S&W 642 Airweight that is my Secondary or Bug, but if I knew there was going to be action, I would want the P90.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Those little Guardians are nice pistols. I was hoping the .32 NAA would catch on better. I like the velocity it gives out of short barrels and the bottleneck cartridges seem to feed more reliably. I agree with your choice of FMJ in the .32acp.

My always gun is the Kel-tec P-3AT. I carry it with Black Hills 90gr JHP's at 850fps. Black Hills doesn't make their own bullets so they are buying them from one of the other ammo makers as components. To me it looks like they are using the 90gr bullet from Hornady and selling the cartridges for 1/2 the price Hornady gets.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
I have an NAA .22 Mag on me at all times. Sometimes a Taurus 5 shot .357 model 85 as well. I figure at point blank range a couple of .22 magnum 40 grain rounds should get anyone's attention. I have 3 more if the first 2 don't.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Always S&W 649 Bodyguard....as backup for my KP90DC...and, once in awhile, walking the dog, by itself...

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Browning Hi-Power- Taurus 5 shot 45 lc. 2 mags for the Browning. Hammer down on a live one. I never want to run out of shots at a party- know what I mean.

·
Registered
23 Posts
On duty: Sig P226 9mm with Ranger SXT 124gr +P+. Off duty: Sig P232 or Beretta 21A

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
I have a KT-3AT that stays in my pocket at all times. I use Mag-Tech .380 HP's in it. It has never missed a lick since about round 100 and now has about 5 or 600rds through it. When I go to the range I shoot one mag with my right hand and one with my left. I want to stay in touch with it. About every two weeks I clean it to get all the dust bunny's out. I got other guns for when we go out but the 3AT stay's put.

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
This one right here, right here.
<center>
RUGER 1991 AMERICAN COMBAT PISTOL .45ACP</center></u>

<div align="left">
</div id="left">
<div align="right">
</div id="right">

·
Registered
431 Posts
Springfield Model 1911 .45 cal. If I'm awake, it's on me.

Molon Labe

Kim

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
You mean I'm not the only nut who sits around in a pair of cutoffs and a T-shirt and my .45 with a spare clip??? Glad to hear it!!!

·
Registered
42 Posts
My 16 to 18 hrs daily carry is KP97DC. My bug is a Beretta Tomcat .32 in a Desantis pocket holster.
Depending where I am the P97 is in Bianchi X15 shoulder rig, a Bianchi Acculock model 82 (the sig P226 is almost identical to the P97)and a smart carry. It is very seldom that my weapons are out of my reach.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Trying to explain the defense against home invasion to a young man today, I used three actual examples...and what could have defended against them...might as well talk to the wall...he could not comprehend that these things actually happen at random everywhere in America...warms my heart to read that you guys are ALWAYS ready and in reach of your arms, EVEN in your own lairs....keep up the smart preparation and good thinking...our message is spreading slowly but surely...this isn't the world we were born into, and we must change with it...and be ever ready to do our part, should it come to us....

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
A lot of bad things can happen anywhere, anytime-----p-90. But there may be an addition on the horizon.....

1 - 20 of 29 Posts