Ruger Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is what AZ. says.Arizona recognizes any other state's permit so long as the permittee is not a resident of Arizona ahd is legally present in the state when the firearms carry occurs. Permittees must also have physical possession of their licenses and be at least 21 years of age with no outstanding indictments or warrants. Arizona will also execute reciprocity agreements with states that require such documents.

Tennessee recognizes any out-of-state permit for carrying a handgun as long as the person possessing the permit does not reside in Tennessee.

These are out of the 50 states book, but I would be real careful about carrying in another state, without making some phone calls first.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
A national ccw would make it less complicated. Just don't know if i would trust the feds with the information.

·
Registered
31 Posts
quote:Originally posted by deputy125

A national ccw would make it less complicated. Just don't know if i would trust the feds with the information.
ditto!!

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
I have an interesting thought on this subject. Just suppose you were in charge of a big country, and you wanted to know who had guns and so forth. One of the ways I see to do that is to make a law where you can carry a gun concealed all you want but first I want to know where you live and work and I'll give you that license. I am sure the police when they run a wants and warrents on a veichle they have pulled over get that information back. They know all about you and of course your living with in the law their law.
I have a ccw here in Texas and they sure want a lot of information about you before you can carry. Yea I know chichen little, remember this Hitler and the national ID card- made it easy to pick up the jews. Its all for the good of the many so they were told. And it does make since to have a back ground check on folks before they can carry a gun. But in the wrong hands that information you gave then could be your own un doing also.
You can agrue all you want jump up and down shout and cuss me until the cows come home won't do a bit of good. The more information the government has about you the more power they have over you. And they can arrange to get your gun from your cold dead hand provided they can find your cold dead hand. Remember Mount Carnal just up the road from me the BATF had tanks and so forth there. And ya know they said they used cold tear gas, never heard of that! Any of you ever heard about cold tear gas?
Yep I can see a national ccw and a national dl yep that would make there job a lot easier, and them alot safer too. Yep your right the 2nd Amendment, mmmmm lets see didn't make it illegal once to have booze? of course they changed it but not until the MAFA had a bigger hold here than it ever did before.
Just some passing thought's I have had for many years, agree disagree what ever you like. I still think I am right but I hope I am wrong.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
From what the guys I shoot with who have an Arizona CCW, it that it's linked to DMV. When they run youre plate they already know there just might be a weapon in the vehicle. A gentlemen I shoot with on a regular basis was stopped and immediately asked if he had a weapon, he said yes, they aked for his CCW, and the weapon,for the ossicers safety, they returned the weapon unloaded and the ammonition, after the LEO was finished with his traffic stop.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Originally posted by Snuffy
"Remember Mount Carnal just up the road from me the BATF had tanks and so forth there. And ya know they said they used cold tear gas, never heard of that! Any of you ever heard about cold tear gas?"

Only thing i can think of is talking abouy CN vs. CS gas.
CS tear gas i believe to be found to be linked to causing cancer. CS also is a pyrotechnic type device in delivery and was trained that this stuff could/will cause fires due to delivery system. This stuff is very stout and alot stronger than CN gas. Has been known i believe to be lethal in some circunstances as it is concentrated. Hopefully, most deparments have got away from this stuff. (we did) A firetruck as i recall, was suspose to be on hand if this stuff was deployed near structures.

CN delivery as i understand it does not use pyrotechnics in dispersal and less of a fire hazard. This is probably what they call "cold" gas due to delivery system. This is the same basic stuff that civilians can get for personal protection. Not near as strong as CS.

This per training from my previous dept which has now gone to strictly oc agents.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
I personally am suspicious of a national ccw set up. It is my belief that "National" ANYTHING
is too closely tied to politics. We allready have the right to bear arms and you can see what
kind of a nationaldebate and issue that is. I think states rights issuing permits and agreeing
on honoring surrounding states is the way to go. The national thing sounds good on paper-but
who can trust the Federal government? They can't even straighten our the mess that they have
made with Social Security.(Now it seems they are going to give it to ilegal alliens.

·
Registered
362 Posts
We don't need a national ccw. What we need is the federal government to pass a reciprocity bill. The U.S. constitution requires states to give full faith and credit to the official acts of other states. Congress is given authority to regulate how the states do that. This is why your drivers license is still valid as you drive into another state. Or why my wife and I are still recognized by the government as a married couple when we move to a different state. The feds don't need to know who is carrying. They just need to decree that all states will recognize another state's ccw.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
after they shot the gas into the place the place was in flames, go figure that one. B. Roberts I agree with you whole heartly.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I think passing a law that requires all states to accept a CCW of other states is going to be one BIG deal.... California, New York, Illinois and New Jersey would probably try to succeed from the Union first.... which in retrospect might not be a bad idea.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.