Ruger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about getting the Mini 14 at CDNN they have for 599.99. I know this price is good. But are these Mini 14's real old stock or new models. I ask because I have read that the newer ones are better then the older ones.

·
Registered
141 Posts
The Mini that's advertised in CDNN's latest catalog is the new 582-series tactical model and $599 is a great price! I paid $710 for mine back in July.

The ones at Walmart are nice too - they are the "plain Jane" wood stock Ranch Rifle. Also very nice, but if you want the tactical model go with CDNN.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have read people referring to 581 and 582 series. can someone enlighten me on the difference. Thanks.

·
Banned
1,641 Posts
I just bought that same deal from CDNN. Took receipt of it September 11. I will say that the box it came in was pretty beat up, but the gun has functioned absolutely FLAWLESSLY for about 300 rounds of a mixture of brass and steel.

Mine is the 582 Tactical with the synthetic stock (now changed over to a Hogue) and I love it.

I think I paid just a smidge under $650 with shipping and an extra 20-round magazine so I ended up with the 5-round and 2 20-round mags with shipping for $100 less than the lowest asking price on the same exact gun in town without the extra 20-round magazine.

CDNN shipped quickly and updated me with a tracking number when I called to check. They're a great company and I'd buy from them with confidence. My local Walmart has the Ranch model (not Tactical) for $667 and the only shop in town that had the Tactical was asking $750 plus tax. CDNN was the best deal I could find.

·
Banned
1,641 Posts
I have read people referring to 581 and 582 series. can someone enlighten me on the difference. Thanks.
It's just a reference to the prefix on the serial numbers.

Here's some info I found on Perfect Union (THE forum for Minis):

There is no appreciable difference between the 580, 581, and 582 series Minis. Some early (as in 2005 production only...) 580s still had the "pencil barrel," but I highly doubt yours is one of them. I purchased my 580 in 2008 and have had absolutely zero issues.

CDNN and other retailers buy from distributors with gigantic warehouses. That could be one of the last 580s they had. True, Ruger's up to producing the 582 series now, but I wouldn't be the least bit concerned about that rifle.

CDNN is a reputable place, and any inclination that they sold you a used rifle at new price is absurd, IMO.

·
Banned
1,641 Posts
Sorry to blow up the thread here, but I will say another thing that I love about CDNN is that when you call, a real person will answer the phone, unlike Bud's who makes it extremely difficult to get through to talk to a human being. Not slamming Bud's, but I found it annoying when they messed up my order and I couldn't get through to talk to them. CDNN was quick to answer the phone and gave me the information I needed when I asked for it. No hold times. No waiting. No nonsense. Great company.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Walmart sells the blued Mini 14's with the 18.5 inch barrel, wood stock and a 5 round magazine for $677. No transfer or shipping fees, just sales tax.

·
Banned
1,641 Posts
Walmart sells the blued Mini 14's with the 18.5 inch barrel, wood stock and a 5 round magazine for $677. No transfer or shipping fees, just sales tax.
The Wally World Mini was roughly $730 with tax. I got mine from CDNN with the 5-round mag, 2 20-round mags, shipping and transfer ($35 at my LGS) for $685. A much better deal in my opinion unless you want the longer barrel and wood stock.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts