Ruger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
I'm thinking of picking up a Tactical Solutions PacLite Upper for my 22/45 to lighten it up a bit, but it looks like they don't include a bolt assembly. I have a 22/45 Mark III Hunter in Stainless and my bolt is as such. If I went with a PacLite upper, I would want the Matte Black, non-threaded. Would it be possible to have my bolt redone in Cerakote to match the new upper? I just think it might look funny to have those two stainless ears sticking out of the back of an all-black gun. I wouldn't even need the whole thing done, really, just the ears and butt of the bolt. Any thoughts on how this might affect function?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hi guys,
I'm thinking of picking up a Tactical Solutions PacLite Upper for my 22/45 to lighten it up a bit, but it looks like they don't include a bolt assembly. I have a 22/45 Mark III Hunter in Stainless and my bolt is as such. If I went with a PacLite upper, I would want the Matte Black, non-threaded. Would it be possible to have my bolt redone in Cerakote to match the new upper? I just think it might look funny to have those two stainless ears sticking out of the back of an all-black gun. I wouldn't even need the whole thing done, really, just the ears and butt of the bolt. Any thoughts on how this might affect function?

I just had my lower and bolt cerakoted. He just taped off everything but the "charging handle" for lack of a better term.

Is that what you were asking?

·
Banned
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep! Thanks so much! That's all I'd want is to tape off everything and just blast the little grips and the back of the bolt with some matte black to match the upper.

I appreciate your feedback!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts