Ruger Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
When I first got my 1911, the full sized .45, the directions didn't say "Wear a face shield and goggles!" It did say something like be careful or something like that. Too many words...who needs directions? My basement floor has 2 bushings hiding under something. (No, I didn't learn after the first time!) My son liked the gun so I gave it to him; with two extra bushings and a spring.
Ha that's funny. As a young boy I seen my dad get hit more than once from a 1911. Pretty sure he made up a few cuss words as well

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thoughts and experience anyone? I was checking one out the other day but wasn't sure if I should jump on it or not. My gun shop has it listed for $400.
So far only the compact 45 AUTO (or 9mm) is available with the gray cerakote. The slide is stainless steel per the specs on the Ruger site. In my opinion, albeit the finish looks cool, it's rather overkill since the Ruger American is already a battle beast. Would you spray a tank with Rhino lining? Rather pointless, but to each their own.
I'm extremely happy with my purchase earlier this year of the Ruger American Pro 9mm and am eyeing the RAPc 45 AUTO. "Anything less would be un-American."

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
When I first got my 1911, the full sized .45, the directions didn't say "Wear a face shield and goggles!" It did say something like be careful or something like that. Too many words...who needs directions? My basement floor has 2 bushings hiding under something. (No, I didn't learn after the first time!) My son liked the gun so I gave it to him; with two extra bushings and a spring.
Almost every gun I've bought includes "wear eye protection while servicing your firearm" somewhere in the manual.
Joking aside, (because nobody does that right?), that busing can definitely get away from you. I had one bounce off of three walls, but was able to find it and didn't break anything important.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts