Ruger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys I am just trying to find out if anyone here has a certain Blued Ruger GP100 4 inch barrel adjustable sighted model that came out several years ago. This particular Ruger GP100 sports a really rich Royal Blue or deep Blue luster finish. It also had a nice set of wood finger grooved grips like the Hogue Wood style of grips. I first saw one of these I think it was at Sportsmans Warehouse I could be incorrect but this GP100 was priced higher then a normal Blued GP100 4 inch with adj. sights. I really like the heft and balance of the GP100. Just curious if this model that I have tried to described is out there!! Comments welcomed thanks!!!:D:cool:;)

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
Ya, I don't think you're totally way off. Seems like there was a limited run of such a thing. I don't remember if it was a distributor item or a Ruger... Yes it had an extra cost bluing job...

Try PM to IOWEGAN.

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Is this what you are looking for? It is known as the Royal Phoenix and was produced in a quantity of just under 600 units for Lipsey's.
It is said that the folks at Lipsey's were admiring a blue Python of one of the bosses and got the idea that a Ruger could be made to look just as well. They had Ruger make a special run for them and the Royal Phoenix was the result.

GENERAL SPECIFICATIONS
Manufacturer: Ruger MFG Model #: 1749
Lipsey's Model #: RUGP141P UPC #: 736676017492
Caliber: 357 Magnum Quantity Produced: 595
Production Year: 2010-2012 Production Status: Out of Production
Lipsey's Availability: Out of Stock

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
I was admiring that model at Grabagun.com today, out of stock though.
Can always add it to wishlist. Never know, their price WAS $566 OTD.

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Grab -a-Gun has had that listed unchanged since 2012. LOL Since thay haven't made any in almost 5 years, don't hold your breath waiting for Grab-a-Gun to get any more stock.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Yeah, I didn't expect them to get any so I'll p/u my SP101 tomorrow.
They do have good prices. Ordered SP yesterday and my FFL has it now.
That will go with me and my 6" gp100 to the range soon.

·
Registered
10,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
jdavis yes that's the GP100 that I was thinking of!!! I would be happy with just a standard Blued GP100 4 inch barreled adj. sights!!!

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Wow, that Royal Phoenix makes my blued GP look like a troll. Nice to see what they can look like when done properly. Might have to send mine to Ford's eventually for a master polish and bluing.

·
Registered
10,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
GP100 Royal Phoenix sure is purdy yea I want one but I bet they would be very hard to find. I think Owly has a good idea to make one up with a very nice high luster Bluing would just about do it.......but first I need to find that Blued GP100!!!

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Wish Ruger would make another run of this high gloss blued steel GP100, as well as the high gloss stainless steel model. It just shows that the GP100 can also be a beautiful revolver!:)

·
Registered
542 Posts
Here's mine, with custom blueing done up in the 1990s by Chris Peters/Wind River Trading Company. The custom blueing was part of a very comprehensive custom upgrade project on this gun, which I'm exceptionally pleased with.

It's no safe queen-I use it for carry and IDPA. To protect the finish, I routinely apply a rubbing of Sentry Solutions Tuff Coat.

Best, Jon

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Wow, that Royal Phoenix makes my blued GP look like a troll. Nice to see what they can look like when done properly. Might have to send mine to Ford's eventually for a master polish and bluing.
That is a great idea and don't forget to have them polish the hammer and trigger. Ford's master blue is superior to the bluing on the Royal Phoenix. They did a Smith for me which looks like black chrome. Have a look...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts