Ruger Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay,
So I have been tossing around the idea of getting a suppressor.
Unfortunately, that integrated muzzlebrake seems to be a problem.

Yes I guess I should have thought of that beforehand :(

I have heard of people having it cut off and pinning on a MB that keeps it legal and can be used for a quick mount (i.e. the AAC Blackout).

But I was wondering if replacing the barrel was an option and if so where I might find one. And maybe replacing the rail with something lighter.
(Hmmm..starting to sound like the 556e.)

I guess the other option is to sell it and get the model that will work.
(Or keep it and by another one and have two.)

I was just looking for a relatively cheap solution to my short sightedness, so suggestions appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Okay,
So I have been tossing around the idea of getting a suppressor.
Unfortunately, that integrated muzzlebrake seems to be a problem.

Yes I guess I should have thought of that beforehand :(

I have heard of people having it cut off and pinning on a MB that keeps it legal and can be used for a quick mount (i.e. the AAC Blackout).

But I was wondering if replacing the barrel was an option and if so where I might find one. And maybe replacing the rail with something lighter.
(Hmmm..starting to sound like the 556e.)

I guess the other option is to sell it and get the model that will work.
(Or keep it and by another one and have two.)

I was just looking for a relatively cheap solution to my short sightedness, so suggestions appreciated.

Thanks
I would suggest you dump the 556e cheap and buy the model that will work; PM me and I'll make you a offer... :)

·
Larry the Conservative
5,458 Posts
Hey, I'll beat his offer by $1 less. AND I'll like you on Facebook......:D

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Guess I should clarify.
I have a 556c
(The 556e was not available when I purchased my 556c.)

If I had a 556e I would not have the issue, which is kind of ironic.

I like the gun, just figured it would be cheaper to switch out barrel than replace the gun.

·
Larry the Conservative
5,458 Posts
Can't you just pick up a complete upper that will give you the options you want and then you'll be ready for the day when you buy a lonesome lower to drop your "surplus" upper on.......Then you'll own two!

As much as I love Rugers, and I do own more than a few, AR's are pretty "generic" these days.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.