Ruger Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may be a dumb question, but I've had my Mark III for about a year now and never changed out the color front sight (want to go from green to red). Is it as easy as just pushing out the "old" one and slipping the new one in? Do I need to remove the actual sight base? Do I need any special tools?

Kind of a noob with this pistol so wanted to check in with folks who might own the gun.

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
There is a thin metal "tab" under the fiber rod. There should have been a tool in the box that slips between the tab and the fiber rod, pushing the tab down and away from the notch in the rod. The once the fiber rod is "unlocked, you can use the new rod to push out the old one. Pay attention to the notch on the fiber rod as it comes out, and replace the new one in the same direction so the tab locks it in place. IF you don't have the tool, something thin that can slip between the tab, and fiber rod to push the tab away from the rod, will be needed. A thin metal feeler gauge come to mind as something that would work.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts