Ruger Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Want to go to the XS Big Dot. Been looking for a sight tool, so far the Fisher Universal set seems the best for the $, anyone used a sight tool on the LC9s?

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Have you read Ruger's manual about the sights on the LC9s? All that's needed is an Allen wrench and a light tap to the side one wants to go. That's the rear sight. The front is pinned in place.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I went with the Trijicon front sight from Ruger shop, used my 20% discount. Definitely needed a sight pusher to install it was tight, did not want to risk damaging the luminescent vile by tapping. Fisher looks good but no experience using it.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
MGW is the Bee's Knees as far as sight tools go, but is not cost effective for a single sight. I prefer the JMT pusher, but most will work on the LC9 pistols.

I just used a drift punch.

Jeff

·
Registered
76 Posts
I ordered a set of TruGlo TFO sights a week or two before Christmas from Walmart.com for about $70. They were a stocking stuffer for me...lol

I installed these the other day. Stock rear sight was super easy to remove, just loosen set screw and it slid right off. My front sight wasn't pinned and I don't even have a hole in the slide for a pin. I bought my LC9s in early August. The front sight wasn't super tight, I used a nylon punch and a small tack hammer with the pistol just lying on my leg, not in a vice.

The new front sight went in the same way, while the rear sight was very tight and I needed to file on the bottom a bit till I got it to start pushing into the dovetail very firmly by hand. A drop of blue threadlocker on the set screw and then snugged up firm.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts