Ruger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 1st gen charger with the laminate stock. The problem is the first owner lost the stock bolt and replaced it with whatever he could find. I have a few 10/22's but none of the screws fit the charger they are all to short. Can someone please help me with this issue. Thanks in advance..

·
Registered
4,853 Posts
Call Ruger - they may be able to just mail you the correct bolt. They are good about that kind of thing.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Great idea. There seems to be a difference according to Ruger and they are sending me a new one.. Thanks
So did you get the new takedown bolt yet? Does it fit? I can't believe someone from Ruger told you they were different. It must have been someone sitting in an office who has never seen a charger or 10/22. Except for the markings on the side the charger and 10/22 receivers are the same and all the parts are interchangeable. I have a 1st generation charger and half a dozen 10/22's and am 100% certain they are the same. I wonder if the previous owner stripped the threads out of the receiver and retapped the hole for a 1/4-20 bolt. If your replacement doesn't work try a 1/4-20.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts