Ruger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all as you can tell I am new here.

I picked up the charger take down it shot great off the bench. I went to shoot it free handed that is where I have a big issue. I am right handed, I grabbed the left leg of the bi pod with my left hand. As I was shooting, it started to disassemble. I did not touch the release take down lever at all. This can't be normal. I locked it back in and shot some more. I can start to unlock it at any time by pulling left on the left leg while shooting. Looks Like I will have to send my brand new charger in to be fixed.

·
Registered
7,847 Posts
did you adjust barrel to bolt take up per instructions in manual ?
There's a manual. Great advice 90% of people do not follow.

Reactions: Lance O

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for the replies I should have said that I read the manual adjusted it cleaned it before I shot. With both of your replies now gets me thinking if I didn't get it quite right. When I get off work I will redo the adjustment Thank you for the help.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I re did the charger per instructions. loosen completely re assemble finger tight remove barrel tighten 2 more clicks. Same result as before. I have to give it about 6 or 7 more clicks before it is hard to come apart when I shoot, but still does. To assemble and disassemble is tough not even close to the videos. I plan on bringing it to the store where I bought it and see what they say before I call Ruger.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I should have asked has anyone tried to disassemble it while shooting to see if theirs comes apart a little bit like mine?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Something ain't right. Do you hear it click and lock up when you assemble? I fiddled with mine, it does not do what you have described.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts