Ruger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Put 150 rounds of Remington Golden Bullet through the Charger this morning. Just throwing lead at about 25-30 yards.

Three different 25 round mags. No hiccups at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Corps Commander NGV
4,849 Posts
My buddy and I plan to shoot our Chargers tomorrow morning. We enjoy competing against each other. He has a first generation Charger while mine is like yours. Last time we shot targets for score. We might play Battleship or Poker this time. Chargers are so much fun. Glad to see that yours is shooting well. Enjoy!

·
Registered
4,476 Posts
the shoot n see Battleship is a lot of fun with a .22

Reactions: ngashooter

·
Registered
11 Posts
Question though. What optics should we use. I thought about a pistol scope, nix that, too $$$ I've combed pawn shops for a used pistol scope those guys don't want know what one is. Need some magnification my eyes are old and the rest of me is catching up. Thought about one of those two piece scope/sight combos. We typically shoot battleship at 15 yds. Any help would be appreciated thanks.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
288 Posts
I started with a good Leopuld pistol scope, but soon discovered I would rather shoot the Charger like a rifle, and switched to a good Nikon Rimfire rifle scope. Recoil is no issue and I hold, both standing and on the bench like a rifle, pulled in close to my face.

·
Corps Commander NGV
4,849 Posts
The Leupold and the Burris scopes are nice, but expensive. I'm happy with my Simmons, but both the fixed 4x and the 2-6x variable are discontinued. The best remaining option seems to be the BSA Edge 2-7x32mm for around $90 . Midway USA has them in stock, and the reviews are good. Half the reviewers are using them on Chargers and report that they work well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts