1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Spellign Bee Champ
15,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
15,038 Posts
Amazing how class acts like Mr. Heston will always be remembered and revered. Also amazing how dingbats like Obozo, Pelosi, etc. are soon forgotten or written off!

·
From Land of Fruit & Nuts
12,955 Posts
I was definitely a Charlton Heston fan.
He was a strong man.

·
Registered
12,990 Posts
Great post and touching words from a great man who lived the life he wanted to live.

·
Spellign Bee Champ
15,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Amazing how class acts like Mr. Heston will always be remembered and revered. Also amazing how dingbats like Obozo, Pelosi, etc. are soon forgotten or written off!
We exert conscious effort to forget them even while they're still around.

·
Registered
12,851 Posts
A close family friend just died last week from that dreaded disease, it was a long hard decline. Good to remember folks in their prime.

·
Spellign Bee Champ
15,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
A close family friend just died last week from that dreaded disease, it was a long hard decline. Good to remember folks in their prime.
Thanks for that reminder.

·
Registered
9,171 Posts
Mr Heston will never be forgotten and always be remembered for the great man he is!
Amen to that. I liked him from the first time I ever saw him in a movie and of course subsequently, after getting to know his character, personality, and patriotic views through research.
A truly great man.

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Absolutely.

·
Registered
9,171 Posts
Forgive me for getting political here, but both Charlton Heston and Ronald Reagan were both Democrats that changed to staunch Conservative Republicans. There has to be a lesson there.

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
He left things better than he found them..If you know the poem "the dash"...his dash was full and admirable...if you don't know about the poem "the dash"...it's on you tube...here's a link.

http://youtu.be/zsY6UrFIsNs

·
Spellign Bee Champ
15,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
He left things better than he found them..If you know the poem "the dash"...his dash was full and admirable...if you don't know about the poem "the dash"...it's on you tube...here's a link.

http://youtu.be/zsY6UrFIsNs
Thanks, opos. I read the poem before but the music on that video you shared makes it more powerful.

·
Registered
9,171 Posts
Thank you for that opos, it's moving in a very profound way. I will pass that along to my family.

·
Registered
12,851 Posts
He left things better than he found them...
That's a simple but effective way of looking at things. I also hope he was right with God, but that's between him and God.

·
Spellign Bee Champ
15,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
God forbid the twitter generation will have this man, the one media and Hollywood are shoving down our throats, as their "Charlton Heston" 20 years from now:

George [Clooney] was in town to accept the Special Filmmaking Achievement Award from the National Board of Review. He made history at that event by wisecracking in a politically incorrect manner that "Charlton Heston announced again today that he is suffering from Alzheimer's."
When I asked the actor if this was going too far, he said simply, "I don't care. Charlton Heston is the head of the National Rifle Association; he deserves whatever anyone says about him." (Clooney is a heavy hitter against the gun lobby.) He's also graphically and fully informed about world events and embraces the label "political liberal," saying he grew up thinking that's what we were supposed to be in a democracy.

·
Registered
12,851 Posts
God forbid the twitter generation will have this man, the one media and Hollywood are shoving down our throats, as their "Charlton Heston" 20 years from now:

George [Clooney] was in town to accept the Special Filmmaking Achievement Award from the National Board of Review. He made history at that event by wisecracking in a politically incorrect manner that "Charlton Heston announced again today that he is suffering from Alzheimer's."
When I asked the actor if this was going too far, he said simply, "I don't care. Charlton Heston is the head of the National Rifle Association; he deserves whatever anyone says about him." (Clooney is a heavy hitter against the gun lobby.) He's also graphically and fully informed about world events and embraces the label "political liberal," saying he grew up thinking that's what we were supposed to be in a democracy.
That's about as low class as it gets.

·
Registered
9,171 Posts
Another one whose movies I will never watch again. I haven't watched any of his movies in a long time anyway.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts