Ruger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got one today someone have it andf they put that gun color on it, they knew their work. They air brushed it and made it look like triger stripe cammo. I need to get a picture of it and post it here, was only $200.00 And its 38 sp. I got lots of ammo for that.

·
Registered
3,607 Posts
Let us know how she shoots. I have thought about getting the .44 Special model.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was going to get one of those myself but had one in the Smith 696, my only complain about her is she is very heavy to carry. I take her on my morning walks as she does double duty there lol. I was also able to get a Taurus 606 that they don't make anymore at least that is what I am told. She is a good shooter, i did a triger job on her and wow she is sexy.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I agree Ron

·
Registered
3,607 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Ron Honner

Wish Ruger would make a small .44 Special. I think it would sell.
I would buy one in a New York minute! A SP101 in .44 Special! You know dern well they could do it too.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
quote:Originally posted by gunman42782

Let us know how she shoots. I have thought about getting the .44 Special model.
Would like to hear from anyone that has one of the current production .44 charters.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Deputy125, I have a 44spl Bulldog. Have had it for about ½ year and have put 500+ rounds of Blazer 200gr GDHP through it with one small problem. When she starts to get dirty it gets hard to open the cylinder, clean it a little and all is good. I put a wolff spring in and it now has a nice trigger and 200 rounds later not on misfire. It is much lighter then the SP101 who’s place it took, although I do miss the CTC laser that’s on the SP.
Accuracy, MOBM no problem. A Ruger or S&W it is not, but it is a good gun for what it is intended for.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
I've always thought a snub 44spl with silvertips would be 'bout right. Figured she might be a tad rough to hang onto but still the concept is interesting!

Looking forward to the range report Snuffy.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Back in the 70s, I carried a 3" Bulldog-later a 2 1/2"Bulldog Pug-I loaded a 246 gr SWC over 5 gr. Unique...it was a fistfull of hell but would have been much worse for the other guy-my two were reliable-I bought another 70's model in 2001 used, it was a nightmare-some held together-some fell apart...I'd much prefer a Taurus or 696...more consistent in quality...also scarcer...also mo' dollah'...but we're worth it...

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well normally I carry the Browning Hi-Powder loader with Machine gun ammo 9MM with 2 space mags and the Taurus 605 in 357 mag. my charter is for those times that I have to be discreet about carrying, but also like The Duke said in the shootest load the 6th round when your gut tells ya too. So for the 6 th round I pack the Charter.
If I ever do buy it I am taking as many bad guys as I can with me, and I fully entend to pay for the farm with all empty mags and guns. Hell I not choosey when it comes right down to it I'll shoot theirs too if I can get my hands on them.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Been lookin' for the 696, Snuffy-my heavy gun is a M65 3"-I'd rather have the .44 than the .357...still looking.........was the 606 the 7-shot .357? Stainless???

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I just happen to run on the 696 they are hard to find if you do find one buy then. No the 6056 is a 6 shot. After a wolf spring kit and some work in the triger finger area smooth as glass pal.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts