Ruger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
4,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to my Gander Gun World yesterday and perused a few guns for fun. One new thing I noticed is a change in Charter Arms' revolvers. They are designed with a filler piece between the side plates to make the grip frame. The front of this filler is the trigger guard.

Now the filler piece is some sort of silver-gray polymer. So now Charters and LCR's have polymer trigger guards. The center of the grip frame being plastic isn't so noticeable, but the trigger guard is, made heavier than the former stainless steel one.

FWIW, I tried the triggers on several .38 models and a .22 Pathfinder. I thought they were pretty good, not like some criticisms I've read. The Pathfinder trigger seemed lighter than my LCR-22, but not as smooth.

·
Registered
6,450 Posts
the old Charters ( like the original Bulldog ) were'nt too bad; much better than a Taurus or Rossi. But how are the new ones compared to a Ruger or Smith ??

·
Super Moderator
21,876 Posts
the old Charters ( like the original Bulldog ) were'nt too bad; much better than a Taurus or Rossi. But how are the new ones compared to a Ruger or Smith ??
I own an old Charter and have been happy with it over the years. I wouldn't put it on the same plane with Ruger or Smith but they are decent revolvers. I feel the Bulldog is a great idea and would love to see something similar on the GP frame.

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
I would like to have one of the Charter .40s.
To the post "better than Taurus". My model 66 is the most accurate and smoothest revolver I've ever fired. (and that's a lot since my Pop was a cop).

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
I tried the trigger on a Charter Pathfinder 22 and after inspection and dry firing I am glad I paid the extra money for ky SP101 22.

·
Registered
6,450 Posts
.44 special GP100

I own an old Charter and have been happy with it over the years. I wouldn't put it on the same plane with Ruger or Smith but they are decent revolvers. I feel the Bulldog is a great idea and would love to see something similar on the GP frame.
THERE YA GO ( Hear us Ruger ??) .44 Special on the GP100 platform

·
Registered
3,810 Posts
My Charter/Pathfinder had a not so good trigger,but took it apart stoned the parts lightly and has an awesome trigger that would make more notable guns blush,did this 10 years ago and functions 100% and smooth as silk,well almost,total invested $125 .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts