Ruger Forum banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Brand new Ruger 10/22.
Opened up with Eley Semi Auto in 3 BX25 they cycled no problems.
Reloaded with Winchester Golden Bullet and had 20 FTE firing the 225 round box.
I have 5 other types of rounds on the way for testing/break-in, but I won't buy more Win Golden for sure.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I can believe the Remington bullets are problems but the cci? Especially in the bx 10 round mags the cci should be fine!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Sounds like OP got a lot fixed. Other tips and observations are useful. A couple of ideas:

1. Iowegan always has useful stuff posted. Here's link to post with his PDF on 22 ammo, which is great material on 22lr ammo and its limits:

2. I have a go-to product that I use on most everything gun-metal related especially when dealing with possible friction-relief problems and especially in hard to reach places. Hornady One Shot Gun Cleaner and lube is the product. Pressurized cleaner and dry film gun lube means you can put anywhere without worrying about leaving grease to get clogged. Cleaning inside of mags with this ensures a good amount of lubrication with no wet lube to collect dirt. How much does it help? I can't give you a measurable stat, but know it has worked to clean and lube mag insides to make a difference in a few cases for me.

41 - 43 of 43 Posts