Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all i recently went to my local range (the desert behind my house) and found almost new package of dixie paper plates (the thicker cardboard ones...well there is pleanty of sage brush ect the plates are stiff enough to hold between the branches you can draw circles and x's and see them in the scope for hundreds of yards works better than the paper sheets with osama that blow away...works great for me

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Like them paper plates as well---bargin price from the dollar store. Just staple them uo to a target stand and they stand out real good with cross-hairs or black handgun sights---wife doesn't mind as she will take her cut.

·
Registered
3,607 Posts
Have used em for years. Now, with access to a copy machine, I just copy my favorite target, the center from the Bianchi Cup tombstone target.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Hey Folks: At "Snipers Paradise" they have distance related FREE targets Down-loadable.
sniperparadise.com I found them looking[:):) for targets.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Paper plates are great targets. I put those stick-on dots in the middle of them to give me something to shoot at, & blast away! (so to speak).[8D]

·
Registered
947 Posts
I originally posted this on my site but I think it is worthwhile to link it here. silhouette Here's a way to recycle those paper bags from the grocery store by making home made silhouette targets.

I'm betting the next time you hear, "Paper or Plastic?" You'll be saying, "Why paper of course."

R,
Bullseye

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
thanks ya'll got some good ideas for targets.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Old favorite is a roll of "NECCO WAFERS" set on end in a log or rail-road tie. Kids,(grown-up kids too), really like seeing things vaporise with .22's Cheap too, 50 or so in a roll... :D

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
I use paper plates too I cut a 2" square in the center of another paper plate( for pistols) then hold it up to the target paper plate & spray paint the square onto the target paper plate. Use the color spray paint your eyes see the best. I use red for black sights. You can get hundreds of targets out of a can of spray paint. Frank

·
Forum Founder
3,639 Posts
If I want to see where I'm shooting I use paper plates or Targets printed off the computer. If I'm just plinking I use about anything. I try to keep a box of Clays on hand for my Grandson. He likes to see them shatter when he hits them.

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
ShipWreck, I like that white center, I'll print out a couple dozen and take with me to the range. Whatever I don't use I'll leave with them. The range I use is LWFD and is free to use and supplies targets, also free, so I'm sure they won't mind. The white center will help these old eyes pick up the black front sight better.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I go up to the dollar store & pick up decks of cards
depending on how many of us are shooting at the time ,
deal out 5 cards per person , cut the rest of the cards for position ,staple them on a board in random order & chip in a buck
& shoot your best hand. lot's of fun. ( I like the poker chip idea.)
SL.

·
Registered
404 Posts
I use dollar store paper plates and cheap red duct tape. The tape is about 1 1/2" in width so I tear of a piece about that long to get a square and stick it in the middle of the plate. You get a lot of squares per role and it is much cheaper than the stick on dots.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Another favorite is balloons. I blow them up to about 4" in diameter and staple them to the backing board. Popping them from 50 yards with a .22 pistol is a lot of fun. I go through a lot of ammo this way with my S&W K22.

·
Registered
589 Posts
As soon as the elections are over there are a lot of good campaign signs that need to be cleaned up. Your doing the community a service and they make great targets or stands to tape targets to.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Costco has the more traditional paper plates, thin white ones, but they're dirt cheap for like a 1,000 plates.

That said, google and you can find many printable targets. Depending on the cost for your printer for black ink. This can be very very economical.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts