Ruger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just returned from Cheaper than Dirt. People were lined up 2 and 3 deep at the gun counter, I saw 4or 5 black rifles go out the door the short time I was there. Back at the catalog counter they were buying ammo not by the case but by the shopping cart load, one guy had two cart loads of stuff. I did not get anything and walked around with a smile on my face as I have all the guns I need and have been buying ammo a little bit a time for a long time. Don't mean anything by this just an observation on the state of things.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Better late than never, I guess. At least those people haven't got their head stuck in the sand.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Just returned from Cheaper than Dirt. People were lined up 2 and 3 deep at the gun counter, I saw 4or 5 black rifles go out the door the short time I was there. Back at the catalog counter they were buying ammo not by the case but by the shopping cart load, one guy had two cart loads of stuff. I did not get anything and walked around with a smile on my face as I have all the guns I need and have been buying ammo a little bit a time for a long time. Don't mean anything by this just an observation on the state of things.
The local Sportsmans Warehouse had a tax free weekend, so I went in to pick up a box of primers. The gun counter was swamped with people looking at guns. Many of them were buying them also. I couldn't believe the check out lines.

So glad I stocked up before the first Oblama election.

·
Registered
5,447 Posts
Airdale said:
Don't mean anything by this just an observation on the state of things.
True.

I was up at my local gun pusher (retailer) yesterday to possibly get a new rifle. I have been looking at it for about two weeks and had decided to get it. NOTHING in a 7.62x51 on the shelf. 3/4ths of the .223s were gone. Pistol case was mostly empty. Ammo shelves (which were full last Monday) are empty. :rolleyes:

Sounds like four years ago, doesn't it? :eek:
And for the same reason.

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Yeah, the story of my life; poor timing.

I have just about decided to do some wheeling and dealing and finally get around to owning an AR. But I'm sure the prices are going to spike now, at least for a while. I may be too late, unless I can find a used one in a private sale or something.

·
Registered
334 Posts
CTD has a store front? Where?

Aww man ... lucky you. I gotta pay shipping and handling. CTD is one of my go to places for ammo and components.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Don't mean anything by this just an observation on the state of things.
Well my observations in the past two days are as follows. Went to a LGS today and they posted a hand written sign on the front door that said: 223 ammo limited to 100 rounds per customer.

Yesterday I checked Cabela's website for the 223 ammo I bought in September for $6.99/box. It's now listed at $8.99/box.

I also had a doctor appointment yesterday and he told me after the election he went out and purchased four AR15's for his family...$4000.

FWIW :D

·
Former Hoadpiler
32,418 Posts
The local Sportsmans Warehouse had a tax free weekend, so I went in to pick up a box of primers. The gun counter was swamped with people looking at guns. Many of them were buying them also. I couldn't believe the check out lines.

So glad I stocked up before the first Oblama election.
So did I. Now isn't the time to be buying.

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
Yesterday I was talking with the guy at my LGS and he hadn't really seen an uptick in sales. Then I stopped at the local Wally World and the two ammo cases were full with their usual assortment at their regular prices and there was even someone working the sporting goods counter.

·
Registered
342 Posts
panic is good for the economy. its sorta like black friday now in the gun world.....election season!

·
Registered
383 Posts
I guess a lot of people are running out of ammo.
Just been to a GS and they have increased prices on firearms and ammo. The fairgrounds were packed, at least twice as many people there - maybe they had a sale going on.
I'll waite a few months to buy when the prices come back down.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Sad commentary (I'm stocked up).

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
Still got ammo from the 08 panic...and still got bottled water and batteries from the millenium panic....I'm fixed for this panic..I think the batteries are dead.....anyone want some bottled water? Just for grins I bought a Mosin Nagant (what a beautiful rifle) and a case of corrosive ammo (I can use the water I've still got on hand to clean out the corrosive residue)..Total investment in this 12 pound beauty with a bayonet and green web sling and the ammo was under $200..bring em on!!

·
Registered
6,617 Posts
It's not been easy for me to save ammo as much as I enjoy shooting. :(

I probably need to do a better job excercising some constraint...tomorow :D

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
My LGS was sort of busy today, but nothing unusual. They actually had a much better selection than I've seen there in the last 6 months.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Here in Fort Worth, just a couple miles from the house.
Yep and I've another CTD store in Mckinney about 30 miles south of me. Haven't been there in almost a year now.:eek:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts