Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will never order from CTD again. In my searches for more SR9 mags which i have bought from them before for either 32.99 or 34.99 they have raised the price of the 17 rd mag to 59.97. They take advantage of their customers in a crap situation. I will never spend another dollar there.

·
Registered
350 Posts
scooter89: You're not the only person who has noticed this. As of a couple of days ago I, too, am an ex-customer. Keep spreading the word. Royally screwing patrons for short-term gain is not a good long-term business plan.

·
The Shooterologist
3,992 Posts
At $150.00 a truck load dirt is not cheap. and neither is CTD! I bought a couple of mags from them for my Colt Woodsman, They are on my non-approved vendors list at present.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Never did buy from them. Everything they list is available for less elsewhere. Never saw any deals. Their catalogs have finally stopped comming after years of receiving them. Good.

·
Registered
347 Posts
You shouldn't be surprised. They did the same thing back in 2008.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Wow, got to agree with you all. Just looked at some bx25 mags and, holly cow, CTD $49.95, Midway USA $21.99.
Guess that could be why Midway is out and CTD has them in stock.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
They used to have great prices on firearms but ammo and other things are now too expensive! Really hate getting bent over when purchasing from them. Guess I need to look at others in the future.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I guess i didnt notice in 08, but gouging us like this is inexcusible. I am going to try and get one straight from ruger.

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Before blacklisting CTD, a few questions. Does CTD buy their Ruger magazines from Ruger? Is Ruger the only manufacture? Has ruger, because of supply and demand increased their wholesale? I noticed the price on the mags for my Glock are the same price as usual...except they are out of stock.

The Cheaper Than Dirt store/warehouse is an easy access off the loop in Fort Worth on my way home. I often stop there for bulk ammo and recently found a great deal on a Glock 23. Their ammo and firearm prices are way better than Cabelas and Bass Pro, also not far from where I live.

In any case, I remember when Glock hi cap mags were over $50 during the last liberal assault on gun owners and because gun owners were hoarding primers, ammo, high cap mags, and some semi-auto rifles, prices were out the window.

We are experiencing what a national Marketing Manager for well known air conditioning system explained to me. I asked him how they price their systems since they seem to be very high, particularly in he South and Southwest. He response was they priced their systems to what the market will bear. It's business, not personal.

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
This is why I buy local whenever possible. When I see a product that is listed for MORE than what the manufacturer charges for it, I simply tell them that, and offer to pay them "no more than MSRP".

So far, every time I have been rewarded with a discounted price from the listed MSRP.....

Good luck

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Before blacklisting CTD, a few questions. Does CTD buy their Ruger magazines from Ruger? Is Ruger the only manufacture? Has ruger, because of supply and demand increased their wholesale? I noticed the price on the mags for my Glock are the same price as usual...except they are out of stock.

The Cheaper Than Dirt store/warehouse is an easy access off the loop in Fort Worth on my way home. I often stop there for bulk ammo and recently found a great deal on a Glock 23. Their ammo and firearm prices are way better than Cabelas and Bass Pro, also not far from where I live.

In any case, I remember when Glock hi cap mags were over $50 during the last liberal assault on gun owners and because gun owners were hoarding primers, ammo, high cap mags, and some semi-auto rifles, prices were out the window.

We are experiencing what a national Marketing Manager for well known air conditioning system explained to me. I asked him how they price their systems since they seem to be very high, particularly in he South and Southwest. He response was they priced their systems to what the market will bear. It's business, not personal.
Ruger may have raised their wholesale, but everyone elses were the same price. Shop ruger was still 43 like they always have been.

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
I ordered 3 SR9 17 round mags Monday night. There was one warehouse that they would ship from that cost $59 something and 3 other warehouses where they were $30.50. I of course chose the $30.50 mag from the cheaper warehouses but it must be that the only ones left are the ones that were previously set up to price gouge.

I've noticed that Buds is completely out of the 17 round mags and not sure if CTD has any left even at the inflated prices.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Yes the free markets works...if you let it, and thats the beauty of America. If you dont like them then let them know about it buy patronizing one of their competitors. Actions will always speak louder than words will.

Personally I quit using them years ago, even before 2008, for a long laundry list of reasons. Thats despite being just down the road from me. I can almost always find cheaper sources for what I need compared to what they sell it for. Shipping is a complete rip off. Not to mention much better service else where.

·
Registered
435 Posts
I guess they could just be like midway, keep the prices the same, but mark everything over 10 rounds as "out of stock"

·
Registered
563 Posts
Monday night I got an SR9 mag for $32.99, adapter sleeve for $6.99, with $6 shipping from Impact Guns. Seemed to be the best price I could find.

Last night I picked up a 17 round for the Beretta PX4, best price? On the Beretta website - $39.34 with tax & shipping.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Last month I ordered 2 22 Cal mags for a Colt Gold Cup from Grabagun.com and they shipped for free. Just checked the price again tonight and its still the same price. :D

·
Registered
228 Posts
Never bought from them before but seen their name pop up in searches I did looking for gun related items. Thanks for the post & the warning. I'll make sure I steer clear of them in the future.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts