Ruger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My 90 year old father recently passed away and I'm taking care of his estate so I'm receiving his mail right now. This showed up today...

[/URL]

[/URL]

(name and address removed for obvious reasons)

So, apparently he's won $2,000,000, payable over 30 years at $66,666.66 per year, (or $1,327.940.00 lump sum) and all he has to do to collect is mail them $11.89 (or $14.89 for "rush processing") and they'll send the money. Of course if your read through it you see things ;like "No purchase necessary, Purchase will not increase change of winning"

Sounds like a good way to cheat the elderly out of a few bucks and, if you are successful enough times, get quite a bit of money.

Bass-Tards like this should be shot.

·
Registered
400 Posts
It looks like a sneaky way to sell a crappy pendant?. If you read it carefully it states that if you return the form and your number matches a pre selected number you will be the winner. It also States that a purchase will not increase your odds of winning. It is not a deceleration of monies owed to the recipient as nothing has been won. It is merely an attempt to sell you something by hanging a carrot in front of your nose.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Reminds me of reading about PCH (Publishers Clearing House) sending out crap that read like you won. Story of an older person or two drove to FL office to claim their winnings. Long ago but I think the State came down on them for that one.

·
Registered
856 Posts
I didn't see a specific address even for the mailing other than POB 2905, Kansas City, Ks. I think I would notify some authority and let them handle it, see what they can learn. They might be able to make something of this.

If it was overseas I wouldn't waste any time with it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts