Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In December it will have been two years since I was awarded primary custody of my children from my first marriage. I was a very expensive five year battle but worth it in the end. I'm curious how many other fathers on here have won primary custody or sole custody of their children from previous marriages?

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
No, but have always had unlimited access.

·
Banned
4,779 Posts
Yep my son turns 18 on Saturday and i have had full custody since he was nearly five...... don't regret a thing it was the best decision i have ever made.(i know what you mean about costly court battles)

·
Jaded James
900 Posts
I have primary custody of my 15 year old son. Never did have to go through the court system but sometimes I wish I had. The $120 the ex sends monthly doesn't really cover much.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have primary custody of my 15 year old son. Never did have to go through the court system but sometimes I wish I had. The $120 the ex sends monthly doesn't really cover much.
At least she sends it! Mine is only ordered to send $105 a month but I haven't seen a dime since February! The state even made a deal with her temporaily to pay $20 a month and she won't even do that! I just wish she would leave us alone, she only calls once every few weeks and has been harassing my wife recently. The little bit she is supposed to pay is not even close to being worth the hasle of dealing with her, the kids don't even want to talk to her anymore and my wife is their mother as far as they are concerned. I won't even talk about all the money she owes me for medical and dental bills! We just paid for my braces for my oldest, no suprise she didn't help!

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
I'm not even going there.
The amount my children's mother gets each month is obsene.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I went to court in 1991 and got custody of son 10 & daughter 8. Four yrs later daughter went back to mom, son stayed with me.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
I was awarded custody of my son when we divorced, he's 31 now and does concrete work, seasonally.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I was awarded custody of my son two years ago, he is now 9 and his mother since moved away so he sees her for the summer. It was a long expensive fight but worth every second of it. Everyone that finds out I have custody cannot believe that the father got it over the mother, I like to think that the old way of thinking that the children have to be with their mother is changing. There are a lot of fathers who want nothing to do with their children and I feel that makes it harder for the ones who do. So, I say congrats to all that have fought to be in their children's lives.

·
Skeptical of Everything
3,655 Posts
When wife #1 and I divorced we agreed on co-custody. Then she decided that she wanted to live in Denmark.:rolleyes: I told her no way she's taking my daughter out of the country so I had custody for a few years until the ex decided to come home and wanted custody again. Against my better judgment, I let my daughter go live with her mom. What a mistake. Within a few years she was begging to come and live with me. It was the best move she ever made ... and I was so glad to have her back. She's 38 now and lives about 30 minutes away.

And yes, when my daughter lived with my ex ... I sent child support money. When my daughter lived with me I got nothing from my ex except a load of grief.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I was awarded sole custody of my daughter. A very exspensive ordeal, but it was worth it. She is 20 now with a baby on the way. In fact today she is going to have labor induced tonight.!!
Tom G.

·
Skeptical of Everything
3,655 Posts
Wow! You're going to be a grandfather, Tom G.

Best wishes to you and your daughter ... and the new born to be. :)

·
Registered
725 Posts
I went to court in 1991 and got custody of son 10 & daughter 8. Four yrs later daughter went back to mom, son stayed with me.
Wow! I didn't think the court ever gave the father custody in Texas, unless you could prove that your ex wife was dealing meth and using your children for child sacrifice to satan.

The men that I have know were just glad to get their kids and wanted the ex-wife to just go away. Most of the women that I have known just wanted to destroy their ex husband.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
I am a single dad raising my two daughters myself for the last 12 years now.

Went to court without a lawyer and was awarded custodial parent.

Oldest is now 25 and married, living in Mass.
Youngest is 17 still in high school.

Its not always easy being a single dad with two daughters, but I love it.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
I know if kids don't have a good role model bad things can happen. When my ex and I split up her kids (from a previous marriage) wanted to live with me, a boy and girl ages 6 and 8. I did check into it but a lawyer buddy said forget it won't happen in court.
When the kids were with me they were good kids, but with there mom or real dad they were wild. One day about a year after we divorced the boy beat the girl so bad one day after school the babysitter was scared he had killed her. He broke her nose, cracked two ribs and she broke a finger when he threw her off the back deck. He said he was playing Ninja Turtles like on TV. He was 10 at the time .
Now he's 30 and has a couple years left on a jail sentence for beating up his girlfriend and a few DWI's.( saw that coming but the ex didn't be leave me )

I remarried and we don't have kids , just guns and a race car.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I want to commend all of you fathers who stepped up to the plate to raise your children. Having a loving parent makes all the difference in a kid's life.

Being a single parent is not an easy job. Having worked with young people my whole life, I have seen how important a loving dad can be. I admire the sacrifice and commitment you made to raise your children. America needs more dads like you!

·
Banned
29,619 Posts
You dads who do not see their kids everyday have my sympathy. fortunately for me 32 year happily married and 3 grown daughters 2 married and 1 grandchild who I miss when I do not see him every other day.

·
Banned
4,779 Posts
I was awarded sole custody of my daughter. A very exspensive ordeal, but it was worth it. She is 20 now with a baby on the way. In fact today she is going to have labor induced tonight.!!
Tom G.
Best wishes Grandad!!.;):)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts