Ruger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Ruger Vaquero 38 stainless steel that I use for cowboy action shooting. The last time I was shooting it it was skipping over one of the cylinder slots and missing a round. One of the slots in the cylinder has a chip in the side so that the bolt doesn't stick in it. It passes on to the next slot. Is there any way to fix that, or do I need to buy a new cylinder? If I get a new cylinder is there any sort of fitting to it. I saw that Ruger charged $50 for fitting a new cylinder.

Should I send it back to Ruger and see what they say? Does anyone think they might fix it for free? I thought these guns were pretty much indestructible. I was thinking of buying an oversize pawl and adjusting the timing. The timing is off a bit. Especially the chipped slot I suppose.

I bought the gun used. Serial number starts with a 510. It doesn't look like it's had a lot of use. I've been using it since last fall for about 6 or 8 sass matches.

Jim

·
Registered
238 Posts
I'd say maybe the previous owner would spin the cylinder and cock the hammer causing it to catch and stop abruptly. But then again maybe it is just a crazy flaw that just presented itself.

With the problem that you are describing, I don't think that a "quick fix" is gonna be an option. But I am very shure that with a problem like that ruger would replace the cylinder and he a working gun back to you at no cost to you. They are very good at standing behind their firearms/warranty. I would just make a quick call to them and you will be fixed up in short order.

·
Banned
1,907 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

I agree with Handgunner. Call Ruger, get a free shipping tag and they'll fix it (replace cyl) for free. You'll have it back in 12 days.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts