Ruger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everybody,

I was hoping someone could provide a little clarity or verification that I did everything correctly for my application. (I took the class last month some time and I just got around to applying due to shortage of funds and I'm a little fuzzy on the application details.)

So I applied online, and submitted the following documents through the contact section of the website:
Checklist, CHL-100, CHL-6, Color copy of DL front and Back, and passport photos.

(My instructor was the one who told me I can submit through this area of the dps website. He said others have done it without problems but I had never heard of it.) Here's the link: https://www.txdps.state.tx.us/rsd/contact/default.aspx

I also scheduled my fingerprints for next wednesday so that part is done as well.

So all that's left is to wait correct?

(also, one of my address's was an apartment and it just came to my attention that I only put the street address and forgot the apartment number. Does that warrant a phone call to the DPS?)

Thanks!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Perfect! If you had a txdl already then you didn't really need the photo. But, no harm no foul. Congrats. In about two weeks they will update their website to show received.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great. I was worried I'd forgotten a step or something. And after all of the horror story's I've read about people getting delayed unbelievable amounts of time over tiny little trivial things, I was getting nervous since I REALLY dont feel like waiting half a year or paying another 250+ dollars to do this all again.

And after a 36 minute wait to speak with a representative, I had them put the apt # in the notes section so I should be all set.

So the waiting officially begins....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts