Ruger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody out there have a turkey choke tube for a 12 gauge that they would recomend.:confused:

The choices are almost unlimited. If I don't get any recomendations, I think I will probablly just go with the factory rem-choke in Super Full (turkey). It's going on my 870, and I usally shoot # 4 or 5's for turkey. Right now, I have in a Rem-Full, but there's always room for improvement!:)

Thanks
-John

·
Retired Moderator & Gunsmith
16,411 Posts
Extra full choke, #2 shot. Works every time!

·
Registered
505 Posts
I've always heard it being called choking the chicken.......anyway I don't bird hunt so I can't help you out.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Went out and bought the factory Rem-Choke in SF (Turykey). Will pattern it soon and give a report as to the diffrence between F and SF.

Thanks for the advice everyone.

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
I recently bought a RemChoke Super Full Turkey Choke for my Wingmaster. I put it in my 20" smooth bore barrel with rifle sights. To say the groups are tight is an understatement. I couldn't believe them. I was getting about a 12" pattern at 25 yards. After shooting a few rounds, I came to appreciate the adjustable sights on this barrel. Got it dialed in really well! :D

·
Super Moderator
21,404 Posts
Now go shoot a big tom for thanksgiving.

I have an HS Strutt Undertaker Turkey full. I use it in a Remington 870 Supermag with 3 1/2" #6's and it flattens them.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I shoot a Benelli nova with 3 1/2 hevi shot #5's out of a Carlson's .675 Exfull turkey choke.

I've never lost one. Or Coyote for that matter.

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
When I saw the title of this thread, I thoughtn you were advocating violence against the prez.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
If it were me, I don't think I could get close enough to a Turkey to do it. But, if you want to choke him to death, and you catch him. I guess you could.

Just make sure it's legal in your state to strangle him.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
I use a Benelli Super Black Eagle II for turkey and I have it choked with a Carlson .675 Extra full. Great choke. In 2006 I shot a turkey at 62 yards with a Federal flight control 3 1/2" #5 and the Wad hit in the head. Last spring I shot a turkey with the same load at a lasered 75 yards. One shot. And by the way my Benelli is not scoped.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
My goose tube is a Carlson full flush fit and i love it! Not a turkey hunter but my undertaker lives in my 870 as my go to long gun. Use it with copper plated 5's and 2's as well as my favorite, numba 4 buck! coyotes, coons, rabbits at "long range" as well as some shots on flying birds.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts