Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Home onwership has it chores each week i sort a few to be soon met by many more its taking up good shootin time but must be done says the boss lady

Refitt the curtin rail that fell off during the week paster paint wall screws
Refit the towel hook that fell off last year
mow lawns
fix the door lock that locks by itself
clean the clear sun roof over outside balcony
wire up the kitchen exhust fan been 12 years now must get on that soon
Laundry door hindge fix

Capital projects in que
finish the double car port for new duaghter car next week
Solar pannel and lites for new car port

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Crikey mate..... No wonder you don't get out shooting often. :eek:

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Crikey mate..... No wonder you don't get out shooting often. :eek:
well actually I had 3 good weeks off last Oct dear wife took a well earned trip away. I played mr mom role so chewed the list down real good whats left is outstanding but its the additional unforeseen that adds the greif.

got dear girl a new i20 today Korean buzz box with all the good gear parents want you'll see me in the brace! brace! impact position as she racks up learner hours

note gotta use the other computta its got spell check

Sunday nite I be out back paddock poppin bunnies and try again div 3 - 50 yard target

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Good luck with it all mate.

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
I have to fix plumbing messes. Replace the wax ring on a toilet, fix whatever caused water to soak both sides of the wall behind the toilet (hopefully those two are related), replace the bottom inside of the kitchen sink cabinet because the drain pipe leaked. Then, refinish a bed frame for our two year old and get her a matress, then I should probably fix the soffit where the squirrels come into the attic.

·
Registered
5,504 Posts
Replace the defective GFI outlet in the garage that also shut down the outlets in both bathrooms and on the front porch.

Whoever designed that circuit tied way too many things together.

·
Registered
6,450 Posts
chores

I get my weekly "honey do list" from the "War Department", and dutifully perform my tasks so I can play with my guns:D

·
Premium Member
1,322 Posts
I have to fix plumbing messes. Replace the wax ring on a toilet, fix whatever caused water to soak both sides of the wall behind the toilet (hopefully those two are related), replace the bottom inside of the kitchen sink cabinet because the drain pipe leaked. Then, refinish a bed frame for our two year old and get her a matress, then I should probably fix the soffit where the squirrels come into the attic.
Wax ring or just bad aim? :D

·
Banned
4,407 Posts
I don't overdo it. I just make sure that everything is in good enough shape to last until the day after I die. Then the whole house will probably cave into the basement.......:D

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok off the roof for awhile its full sun nil wind and humid so with my head down drilling I'm sweating in ma eyes.. got 3/4 done easy finish in the cool of Sunday morn

now on to that curtin rail theres a big comp at my range today so missing nuthin but standing in the pit pulling targets or scoring for the team

·
Former Hoadpiler
32,418 Posts
I have two homes to take care of so that sure cut into my gun time. But I'm retired so I still have plenty of time left.

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
I have two homes to take care of so that sure cut into my gun time. But I'm retired so I still have plenty of time left.
Capitalist..... :D

·
Registered
342 Posts
you dont want to see my list. i wrote it 13 years ago and im still crossing things off! i did finish painting the house though.....saved 50,000. took 7 years, but so what? i got out and got some good weather to be in!
repaired 55 windows and 54 doors and 6 dormers.
all work now, weights and all.
i start on the garage this spring.

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I prefer to be called a land barron.:D

2 homes does this mean 2 wifes?? :D

back in early 90ies i was maintaining the home and 6 - 2 bed units at one site one town house at another while raising 3 small kids working contractor and studying my degree part time. Twas nuts,, a few all niters were done painting and cleaning before new tenants. I got out of all that some years back pheew i still remember trying to paint roof n wall while 1 year old squawked for attention from a play crib narrh it did not work home she went me back with camp bed.
but most off all i remember paying $160 for sparky to change one light bulb as the fool of a tenant said it was emergence call...:( i dont miss that twas like running a guest house hotel.

its too hot to work in the shed now about 34c. I almost got the curtain rail sorted had to fabricate 2 wood hangers from roof as the wall ones just pulled out of the dry wall even with secure fasteners. Its been a bit hit n miss proof the concept,, dear wife testing my skill & commitment but by late eve it will be done...

·
Registered
717 Posts
I don't need a honey-do list.
I know when something needs repair and I fix it.
Why would I need my wife to tell me to do that?
It keeps me active and it keeps the house in good condition.

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
My "honey do" list is purely optional.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Biggest thing I need to do, that I have been putting off is to trim the bushes from the vacant lots, on one side of me, and the back. The Brazilian Pepper trees are eating my fence. I do it every fall. But I am also allergic to them, and end up breaking out in a rash every time.

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
update the list

Refitt the curtin rail that fell off during the week paster paint wall screws tick
Refit the towel hook that fell off last year tick
mow lawns got the boy in this
fix the door lock that locks by itself pending
clean the clear sun roof over outside balcony pending
wire up the kitchen exhust fan been 12 years now must get on that soon meh one day or year soon
Laundry door hindge fix ?? wot was this now I canna remeber the task:rolleyes:

Capital projects in que
finish the double car port for new duaghter car next week tick
Solar pannel and lites for new car port pending

Let you all know the car port all but done just needs gutter n down pipes its been a great DIY project I's quite proud looks the goods and daughter new car sits nicley in it

1 - 20 of 23 Posts