Ruger Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ho, Ho, Ho, LGS called & told me that my SR1911 had come in; had been on their waiting list for a while...

So I drove my sleigh & reindeer, braving the elements (lie; really suv, horsepower & traffic congestion) to their door... A few months back, I had an opportunity to pick up an R1, but decided to wait for the SR1911 & am glad I did...

As the Rep opened the box, for my inspection, a few folks gathered around to take a peek; some remarked "how did you find one of them?, that's a nice looking piece" It just added to the moment: "The difference between men and boys, is the price of their toys"...

So I eventually left the jealous/vicious group (lie: they were nice folks) and walked out singing "Santa Claus is Coming to Town" - the Presley version, to no applause...

Ok, took it home; gave it a minor cleaning (was not really dirty at all); put a little oil in/on it. Just a note: the slide is nice and tight, no rail chatter; overall, nicely constructed, good looking piece. ..

Of course, grandson & I headed to the range with a box of Remington 230gr (ironic isn't it - using Rem ammo, but not in the R1)...

Shot a silhoutte target at 25yds; it's accurate. We put a bunch of shots center-mass; drop seems to be about 3 inches, at that distance. The factory sight setting is fine.

We are well satisfied, Ruger did a nice job with it; it's a winner and a keeper...

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
I was at a LGS yesterday with he intention of buying either a SR1911 or a Springfield RO the shop has 17 SR's on hand for $669. The 2 I played with both had loose slides and rattled like a bag of bones. It is a nice looking gun and I was in the market but the RO won the day and that is what I left with. All told with my store credit it cost me $289.

·
Registered
6,617 Posts
Congrats on your SR1911, good luck & happy shootin' ;)

You'll love it, I'm crazy about mine...such sweet shooters!

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
I still haven't been able to handle one yet, but I think the SR1911 is one of the best looking 1911's offered. Congrats on the early Christmas present! :)

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Ho, Ho, Ho, LGS called & told me that my SR1911 had come in; had been on their waiting list for a while...

So I drove my sleigh & reindeer, braving the elements (lie; really suv, horsepower & traffic congestion) to their door... A few months back, I had an opportunity to pick up an R1, but decided to wait for the SR1911 & am glad I did...

As the Rep opened the box, for my inspection, a few folks gathered around to take a peek; some remarked "how did you find one of them?, that's a nice looking piece" It just added to the moment: "The difference between men and boys, is the price of their toys"...

So I eventually left the jealous/vicious group (lie: they were nice folks) and walked out singing "Santa Claus is Coming to Town" - the Presley version, to no applause...

Ok, took it home; gave it a minor cleaning (was not really dirty at all); put a little oil in/on it. Just a note: the slide is nice and tight, no rail chatter; overall, nicely constructed, good looking piece. ..

Of course, grandson & I headed to the range with a box of Remington 230gr (ironic isn't it - using Rem ammo, but not in the R1)...

Shot a silhoutte target at 25yds; it's accurate. We put a bunch of shots center-mass; drop seems to be about 3 inches, at that distance. The factory sight setting is fine.

We are well satisfied, Ruger did a nice job with it; it's a winner and a keeper...
Congratulations mate, enjoy.

I was at a LGS yesterday with he intention of buying either a SR1911 or a Springfield RO the shop has 17 SR's on hand for $669. The 2 I played with both had loose slides and rattled like a bag of bones. It is a nice looking gun and I was in the market but the RO won the day and that is what I left with. All told with my store credit it cost me $289.
Obviously sent all the good ones of that batch to Australia mate..... :eek: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Had one since February, nothing wrong with it, still tight. :D :D

·
Registered
294 Posts
The one I handled at the LGS was so sweet, it would make you throw rocks at a Springfield.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I see Cabelas and Gander have them in stock at $750ish locally. I already own a 1911 that I really like but rarely shoot and I have an SP101 22lr on order. If they were under 7 bills I might pick one up just to add to my Ruger collection. I got to stop thinking about it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Well Merry CHRISTmas for sure!!! Congrats! My oldest Son just gave me an SR1911 back a few months ago. He actually managed to get two with consecutive serial numbers!!! Needless to say I am still in awe and let me tell you mine is a shootin son-of-a-gun!!!

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks boys, for all the congrats...
To those that just got one >>> Nice Choice...
To those that are waiting >>> May Santa visit you soon...
To those that chose another >>> That's what America is about, good shoting also...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts