Ruger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My father purchased this pistol brand new in 1968 for a whopping $65.
This Christmas he officially passed it down to me. He simply stated "It's yours now....take good #^*%in' care of it"
Its a Browning Challenger 1.....or as my pop calls it...."squirrell gun".
Anywho, I'm tickled to death that he gave it to me and I wanted to share/brag a lil'
It's clean enough to eat off of, so I hate to put a round in it. But it's killin me, so it's headed to the range next week.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
forgot to ask...
My pop fed it ANYTHING and EVERYTHING. Anyone have any experience with the Challengers ? Curious what ammo to feed it. Thinking CCI Standard Velocity .22LR.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Nice gun. Some day you can do the same. Part of the joy of owning
something is giving it away.

·
Forum Founder
3,639 Posts
Congratulations on a great gift. I am going to pass on some guns to my Grandkids, but nothing that hasn't been used. I don't have a safe queen at all. I think a gun has more meaning to those that receive it, if they know the person that gave it to them used it.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
great gun and a great piece of history.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Yeah, well, Adam here is chomping at the bit, waiting for my Dad to bequeath
unto me his beloved '03 Springfield............................drool.

Nice Pistola, take good freaking care of it; don't want your Dad whupping you
upside the head, do you?

·
Registered
174 Posts
Yes Very Nice,
thanks for sharing
My Children(all adult now including 2 girls) get into discussions about who gets what gun of mine, I laugh and think it's funny, mostly because my heart is blessed that they love guns as much as I do, but it does bother my wife, because Lord willing, I'm still a long way from the grave.
My dad started a tradition that I kept and that's when my kids are 18, they get to pick out one of my guns for their own. My youngest daughter just turned 18, and that's just about all she talked about right before her birthday.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Wild Turkey, I have always liked the full bevy of Browning .22 cal pistols. Great shooters and very little maintenance on them other than a good cleaning. I have had to repair very few malfunctions on them in 42 years of gunsmithing. I personally had a Browning Nomad, basically the same gun internally as the original Challenger and put a ton of rounds through it with nothing more than an occasional cleaning. Congrats on a great gift from your dad. Enjoy!..........................Dick

·
Registered
374 Posts
wow, that's gorgeous!

I love the old slant-grip models from that era. Those challengers and the high-standards are my favs.

-Daizee

1 - 14 of 14 Posts