Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
:):)

I could not resist, I just couldn't. As soon as I got home with it I put on a Smith & Alexander mag well and some Ergo grips that came off my last 1911 before I sold it.

Next mods will be a flat 10-8 trigger, some Dawson Precision adjustable sights, and a trigger job to get that 6 pounder down to 3.5-4lbs. I put 100 rounds through it the other day.......flawless function.

I've been lucky to own several fine 1911's including a Clark Longslide, a Kimber, and a lovely Series 70 Gold Cup. They all got sold but this one is staying.

These guns are beautifully done and by my lights just a terrific value. If you find one don't hesitate. A really cool plus is that they're made here in my hometown of Prescott which is proudly proclaimed on the side of the frame.

I'll post again when I get the sights and new trigger done.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Beautiful piece. I used to live in Prescott, many years ago. Worked for Brown & Root in Bagdad, commuted back and forth every day.

·
Super Moderator
16,252 Posts
Jack ... Congrats on your new SR1911 :)

·
Registered
3,912 Posts
Suh...weet! Congrats on the SR1911. Looking forward to seeing the other mods that you talked about.

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
I picked up the SR9c as a Christmas present to myself. I love what you're doing to your 1911 and thanks for the pic.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Nice SR1911!! Makes me want one even more. But then, it doesn't take much for that to happen, honestly. lol

·
Registered
584 Posts
Congrats on the 1911. I got one over the summer and absolutely love it! Shoots great (better than the Kimber). My Christmas present for me was an SR9c. fun to shoot, but I still Like the SR1911 more! Have fun!!:)

·
Registered
55 Posts
I'd really like to find one to shoot.. had a springfield but didnt like how it shot at all... made me think I dont like 1911's

Really want to give them another shot.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Nice, that has become my favorite gun in my collection!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts