Ruger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are some of your favorites?

I enjoy "It's a Wonderful Life", though I've seen it so many times it's now more of a "once very three or four year" type of thing for me instead of a yearly one.

I also enjoy the many versions of "A Christmas Carol", with my favorite probably being the George C. Scott version.

One that's not so well known but that I enjoy is "The Homecoming", which was the original pilot movie for "The Waltons" TV series. The movie is much better than the series turned out to be, and stars Patricia Neal as Olivia Walton. CBS used to show it every year, but it's probably been almost a decade since I've seen it.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Truth be told, I don't really like old movies of any kind. You might make fun of me, but my favorite Christmas movie tradition is Bill Murray's Scrooged. I watch it every year and it gets me in the Christmas spirit!

·
Registered
60 Posts
+1 for "Scrooged". We watch it every year. I also love "A Christmas Story". My wife had never watched it all the way and just thought a christmas movie about a BB gun was dumb. But I convinced her to watch it the whole way through and now she knows its much more than that. Watch it this year...I triple dog dare ya!

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Yep its a wonderful life and Christmas story those are mine.

·
Registered
404 Posts
I like all of the classic Christmas movies but by far my favorite is what I think is the funniest Christmas movie ever(and one of the funniest in general) , Christmas Vacation! We watch it every year while we wrap presents. Some of Clark's best lines:

-If I woke up tomorrow with my head sewn to the carpet, I wouldn't be more surprised than I am now.

-Can I refill your eggnog for you? Get you something to eat? Drive you out to the middle of nowhere and leave you for dead?

-"Hey. If any of you are looking for any last-minute gift ideas for me, I have one. I'd like Frank Shirley, my boss, right here tonight. I want him brought from his happy holiday slumber over there on Melody Lane with all the other rich people and I want him brought right here, with a big ribbon on his head, and I want to look him straight in the eye and I want to tell him what a cheap, lying, no-good, rotten, four-flushing, low-life, snake-licking, dirt-eating, inbred, overstuffed, ignorant, blood-sucking, dog-kissing, brainless, dickless, hopeless, heartless, fat-ass, bug-eyed, stiff-legged, spotty-lipped, worm-headed sack of monkey **** he is. Hallelujah. Holy ****. Where's the Tylenol? "

The Ref, with Dennis Leary and Kevin Spacey, is also one of my favorite Christmas comedies.

Dennis Leary as Gus talking to the constantly bickering married couple he has taken hostage, "From now on, the only person who gets to yell is me. Why? Because I have a gun. People with guns get to do whatever they want. Married people without guns - for instance - you - DO NOT get to yell. Why? NO GUNS! No guns, no yelling. See? Simple little equation.
---------
Kevin Spacey as Lloyd, "You know, you and my wife have a lot in common. You both think you have some right to life working out the way you want it to, and when it doesn't, you get to act the way you want. The only trouble with that is someone has to be responsible. I'd love to run around and take classes and play with my inner-self! I'd love the freedom to be some pissed-off criminal with no responsibilities, except I don't have the time! But you don't see me with a gun. And you don't see me sleeping with someone else. You think my life turned out the way I wanted because I live in this house? You think every morning I wake up, look in the mirror and say "Gee I'm glad I'm me and not some 19-year-old billionaire rockstar with the body of an athelete and a 24-hour erection!" No I don't! So just excuse the **** out of me! "

Don't forget about Billy-bob as Bad Santa. Not for kiddies but it's hysterical.

I always look forward to Thanksgiving so I can have my annual viewing of Planes, Trains, and Automobiles. Pieces of April is a pretty good Thanksgiving movie too. It stars Katie Holmes before she was brainwashed by Tom "I'm directly out of my beeping mind" Cruise.

Any other holiday comedies people enjoy?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts