Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so this is my fourth Christmas my boyfriend and I will have together and I'm really stuck on what to get him for Christmas. I was going to get him a lower receiver to build an AR-15; however, the one he had picked out is not in stock and has no ETA. I don't want to buy a different brand because he was really set on that one. So, I think I will just give him cash so he can order it when it comes in stock. I want to be creative with how I give him the money, instead of just the normal putting it in a card kind of thing. The only other presents I have gotten him are a to go coffee cup, a hat, and a book he has wanted for a long time. Any suggestions on something I could do with the cash that is unique, preferably gun related? Also I'm a poor college student so I can't spend much more money than I already have... haha!

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Wow! Awesome girlfriend. Can you give mine a few holiday shopping pointers?

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Dani6, is there someway you can buy a voucher for the amount you want to spend.
Another way is to send him on a search.
When I asked my girl to marry me a few years back, I hid her engagement ring and she had to find it. I left one clue in an obvious place, then each clue led to another.
After 20 clues (about 1/2 an hour or so) and her going from one side of the house to the other, multiple times, the last clue led her to the present, which had been under her bedroom pillow all the time.
This may sound a bit "soft" to you or for you, but it worked for me.
And this all happened in front of her family.
It was a lot of fun..... :D

·
Registered
5,447 Posts
dani6 said:
Any suggestions on something I could do with the cash that is unique, preferably gun related?
Look around and see if you can find a . . very . . inexpensive toy AR-15, in plastic, and give him that for Christmas,
WITH a note saying the real one has not been delivered yet. :D

I'll bet he will be happy AND it will not cost much. ;)

·
Registered
5,504 Posts
Maybe buy him a box of ammunition and put the money inside... or if you go to a rifle shooting range you might just find an empty 223 box in the trash can.

·
Registered
130 Posts
You could always get him some magazines. PMAGs are hard to beat for an AR, and they are pretty cheap at MidwayUSA ($12-13). Who knows when the >10 rnd mags will get banned either, especially after this most recent loony shooting...

A good sling for an AR is also quite useful. I would suggest the VTAC.

While a good red dot (like an AimPoint) is pretty pricey, but a starter red dot, that is still pretty nice is reasonable from Primary Arms. ($70-100). I might not trust my life to it in combat, but it is plenty fine for the range.

Some type of spotting scope (or binoculars) can be useful for seeing your shots at long distances...

Good luck!

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
Have you checked reputable online sources to order it from? Then you could place the order and buy a gun sock for the AR and put the receipt in it and hang it as his stocking.
And be sure to tell him he is a very lucky man.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Well Dani6, I don't have any suggestions that would top the ones already made, but I do want to say he is a lucky man to just have you in his life. Merry Christmas to both of you!!

·
Reloader
4,138 Posts
Have some cupcakes made with little AR-15s on them. I like cupcakes. He is a lucky man. Merry Christmas to you guys.

·
Registered
9,170 Posts
Well Dani6, I don't have any suggestions that would top the ones already made, but I do want to say he is a lucky man to just have you in his life. Merry Christmas to both of you!!
I have to agree Dani6, you're one in a million, make sure he knows it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wow! Awesome girlfriend. Can you give mine a few holiday shopping pointers?
Thanks! I could try :) I'm no gun expert but I get by. My boyfriend recently told me he makes me proud that I've learned so quickly! I truly enjoy it! Plus knowing something he doesn't makes it a bit competitive and fun ;)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Look around and see if you can find a . . very . . inexpensive toy AR-15, in plastic, and give him that for Christmas,
WITH a note saying the real one has not been delivered yet. :D

I'll bet he will be happy AND it will not cost much. ;)
I have been looking and looking for a toy AR-15, even online. All I can find is little air soft ones and they are still $70 at Wal-Mart. This was actually my first idea. If you have an ideas of where to find one that would be great!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Have you checked reputable online sources to order it from? Then you could place the order and buy a gun sock for the AR and put the receipt in it and hang it as his stocking.
And be sure to tell him he is a very lucky man.
I really like this idea as well, since I can't buy the lower receiver until it is back in stock, I will see if I can get a gift certificate that I could put in the AR sock, if not I'm liking the origami idea and I could put that in the sock instead.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
You could always get him some magazines. PMAGs are hard to beat for an AR, and they are pretty cheap at MidwayUSA ($12-13). Who knows when the >10 rnd mags will get banned either, especially after this most recent loony shooting...

A good sling for an AR is also quite useful. I would suggest the VTAC.

While a good red dot (like an AimPoint) is pretty pricey, but a starter red dot, that is still pretty nice is reasonable from Primary Arms. ($70-100). I might not trust my life to it in combat, but it is plenty fine for the range.

Some type of spotting scope (or binoculars) can be useful for seeing your shots at long distances...

Good luck!

Well.... he already has like 4-6 mags for it, he bought them since they were such a good deal he couldn't pass them up. As for the sling, he wants me to make one out of paracord for him. Although I do like the binocular idea because he told me when he was hunting the other week his eye got tired from keeping one eye closed to look down his scope. Thanks for the ideas!

·
Registered
719 Posts
Buy him an AR magazine...
THEN, Take the AR magazine, fold the money so as to tuck it into the nagazine then wrap that...

·
Registered
719 Posts
Also you could give it to him in this:

LA Police Gear Molle Elite Tactical Christmas Stocking

see link: LA Police Gear Tactical Molle Christmas Stocking

They also have cool patches to put on it as this is what my wife and I are getting for our 28yr old son who is in the USAF special ground ops support and this is right up his alley... LOL

·
Registered
7,608 Posts
Dani6, is there someway you can buy a voucher for the amount you want to spend.
Another way is to send him on a search.
When I asked my girl to marry me a few years back, I hid her engagement ring and she had to find it. I left one clue in an obvious place, then each clue led to another.
After 20 clues (about 1/2 an hour or so) and her going from one side of the house to the other, multiple times, the last clue led her to the present, which had been under her bedroom pillow all the time.
This may sound a bit "soft" to you or for you, but it worked for me.
And this all happened in front of her family.
It was a lot of fun..... :D
James you are a true romantic LOL. I had all I could do getting on my knee.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts