Ruger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really like to have Christmas stockings every year. I always had them as a child and still enjoy them. They are fun to fill and don't have to be expensive unless you want them to be. I even have them for my pets. What have you had or put in your stockings over the years? :)

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Growing up, we usually hung stockings for decor. Now that I have my own family, I usually fill the kids' stockings with candy, coloring books, crayons. The wife gets gift cards and tickets to movies, shows etc. I usually get dvd's and ties. One time there was a note in my stocking to check the garage; it was a new fishing pole.

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
I try to come up with something different for my wife's stocking every year. One year I had nothing in mind till Christmas Eve. I typed up a letter from Santa explaining how surprised and disappointed he was that she was on the naughty list and he was sorry but could not leave her any thing. The next year there was an apology letter explaining that the previous year there had been a clerical error. It was attached to a five foot long stocking filled with more gifts than usual. She made out very well that year.
This will be our 40th Christmas so new ideas are getting a bit harder.

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
My mom grew up during the depression and it was a huge deal to have an orange in the winter in Ohio. She put one in our stocking every year even though we grew up in California..... :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts