Ruger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I have more experience with the Shooting Chrony. Midway has their Master Chrony on for $119. The Shooting Chrony has an interesting Upgrade policy as well.

Take Care

Bob

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
While this looks to be a good unit, I prefer one with a remote read out. I have the Chrony F1 Master and the CED M2 which I like mostly because of the remote display which is at the bench making it easy for old eyes to read. Another feature is, the display and electronics are out of harms way.

Which ever way you go, enjoy your new and important tool.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I just got the kit version from cabelas for 109 when they had free shipping. Set it up in the back yard with a 22 pistol to test it. Would only connect with my ipad to the caldwell app. It would not connect with my 2 android devices (note 4 phone and tab 3 tablet). Found a long post on
NCGO forum which showed that they have a cable that uses the usb port on the chrono and an adapter to connect to the data/charging port. It is supposed to fix the connection issues on the android platform. They furnish it at no charge. Mine is in transit, so cant say yet if it solves the problems.

just got an email and the kit is on sale at midway for 99, tripod, light kit, chrono, and zip up bag to hold it all.

·
Registered
420 Posts
I use a Chrony G1. I like the remote readout. A chronograph is very useful when working up new loads. I keep the data on a spreadsheet on my computer and have the SD, ES, average, low and high MV. I include the weapon I shoot the string with. Each firearm has its preference. I consider a chronograph a required tool.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts