Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Folks: In my post about the Redding t7;
I hinted at this posting about getting or learning more about the CED2 Chronograph.
I realize that maybe some will have strong opinions,[8D] and that the only way to learn.
My desire and thought reign from 'quality' to long term 'investment', 'having the proper tool to do the proper job.'
Again; I'm not stuck in any ditch; just want to pick your brains, and thoughts.
Should the CED come to fruition; I'll be sure to have the what-evers that will be needed in different lighting conditions.

All and any thoughts will and are appreciated.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
191 Posts
There is one thing you can be assured of and that is the fact that chronograph technology will change for the better as time passes. For what you are doing, there are a lot of good chronographs out there that won't empty your pocket. The idea of passing a chronograph on to your son is probably something that isn't very important. By the time he's ready there will probably be major advances in the technology and yours will be a dinosaur. Today, look at Chrony, Pact, Oehler, etc. Any one of them will suit your needs. I have a cheap Chrony Beta that doesn't seem to care about light conditions and does more than I'll ever need. It cost about $100 from Midway.

Anyway, welcome to the forum and enjoy!

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
If I may add my 2c, the single best thing is having a remote readout at the bench, instead of having to walk out to the chrony. Makes it much easier if you are at a controlled range and need to read or reset the machine instead of waiting for a cease fire. Oh, and chronys don't work particularly well if you shoot them.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I am quite satisfied with my Competition Electronics ProChrono. Self contained unit with large shooting area and very easy to use. A remote is available if needed at the bench. I don't use the remote but the readout is large enough to read about fifteen feet out.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Folks: This is the kind of information that I need

There is nothing like first hand info. You have first hand knowledge and a know the scoop. I value 'hands on' maybe more than reading, it seems that some WRITER articles have a bias toward particular manufactors.
With this being said:

Any and all info is appreciated.

Thanks, Craig

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Neophyte, I use the Chrony Archery Model(because it came with artificial lights for the skyscreens you can use it indoors)& a old Pact. Both are great chrono's. I use the Chrony most often because it's the easiesy to set up. One time I placed the Chrony on the frame holding the sky screens of the Pact it fit between the skyscreens. I shot through both chronograpsh at one time & there was 3 fps difference between the chronographs. You will have way more shot to shot variance in a string of shots than I got between chronographs. I like both & use the chrony most just because ease of setting it up. The Chrony is more light sensitive than the Pact. but is still a very good machine. Frank

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Lots of good informtion here for sure

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Snuffy: Sir yes there is some mighty fine Info.
Decent people with Decent thinking.

I appreciate all responses

Thanks,

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.