Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, we've been tellin' the newcomers they have to provide "the ceegars". :D Kinda got me to thinking and wondering just how many of y'all enjoy a good ceegar?

I smoke a couple or three a week. I like my cigars mild to medium bodied. Prefer a ring gauge of 48-50 and a length of 5-6". This size is generally called "Robusto". [^]

I like these here and recommend them. Not too expensive, buck and a quarter ($1.25) a stick. [^]

http://www.cigarsinternational.com/prodDisp.asp?item=CS-PG&stext=pirates+gold

Another cigar I like are these. A bit more expensive but I know a guy that gets in factory 2nds of these and the cost is reasonable, about $2 bucks a stick. [^]

http://www.cigarsinternational.com/prodDisp.asp?item=CS-LJ&stext=leon+Jim

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Well, RP, you probably won't talk to me after this, but Muriel Magnum's about as rich as I've ever smoked!!! Never got into the good stuff. I hear you guys talking the terms and I think "Whaddaat??"

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
quote:Originally posted by patas

Cigars are breath mints for people that eat dog crap!
Then go find yourself some Purina Puppychow! ;)

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
quote:Originally posted by sheepdog

Well, RP, you probably won't talk to me after this, but Muriel Magnum's about as rich as I've ever smoked!!! Never got into the good stuff. I hear you guys talking the terms and I think "Whaddaat??"
Dave, At least they're not those nasty, stinkin' Swisher Sweets! :D

If we ever meet up, I've got a handful of good cigars for ya, friend. :)

·
Registered
557 Posts
I like H. Upmann H-2000's and vintage Cameroon's, Red Dot Cohiba's, Hoyo De Monterrey 1066's and whatever my buddy is smoking. :D

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

I've smoked all those at one time or another. Good ceegars!

I'll trade ya a handful of mine for a handful of yours! :D

Come think of it... I have a Monterrey Excaliber #4 (I think) in my humidor, think I'll have it this evening! ;)

·
Registered
557 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Ruger Packer

I've smoked all those at one time or another. Good ceegars!

I'll trade ya a handful of mine for a handful of yours! :D

Come think of it... I have a Monterrey Excaliber #4 (I think) in my humidor, think I'll have it this evening! ;)
Hmmmmmm... What do you have? [8D]

·
Registered
557 Posts
bump

·
Registered
122 Posts
i smoke a cigar now and then lately its been one every couple months lol.

i have a mix of premiums and a few bundles of the cheaper stuff that are tasty. i like medium to strong, and i ushualy enjoy the cheaper stuff more, ill have to dig out names one of these days.

what do you guys use for humidores?

i started with a cedar box built for 50, but i quickly upgraded to a small cooler, its stays steady, seals better and you dont have to worry about scratching it.

i have a couple pieces of spanish cedar in there to of course.

i realy enjoy some good coffee and a cigar in a relaxing chair out on the porch.

edit: heres a small pic of the collection, i havnt picked anyting up in 3 years and this pic is about that old, they have aged nicely and only a handfull or 2 have been smoked.

·
Registered
122 Posts
the cedar is a natural bug deterrent for anything that likes tobacco it must be spanish cedar though and the sawdust is toxic to humans

i like to make my own humidification devices to, way cheaper a bock of that floral foam from a flower shop or wallmart/meijers will make allot of humidifiers i fill a film can poke some holes and soak it in distilled water for a couple minutes.

i havnt had to refill my film can humidifier in the cooler for a year.

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
You guys wouldn't want me buyin' the stogies. I occasionally have a rare and hard-to-get Phillies Blunt!
Tom

·
Registered
2,620 Posts

We could smoke together anyday-bet you're a Miller draft man!
Unfortunately I don't get to down many beers any more. Doctor said I had to give up alcohol and cigarettes quite a few years back. One out of two ain't bad. (I've sure downed a few Millers in my time though.) Nice to know someone else has a taste for 'fine cigars.'
Tom

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I had my first beer in about 6 years-a LaBatt's Blue about a month ago-stopped keeping it around because I have 3 boys and don't want to cause them a problem...used to drink one every night...I thinks I had one cigar last year-was a Tampa Nugget, if I remember---some things are important-some aren't...but they're nice occasionally.

·
Registered
2,620 Posts

I had my first beer in about 6 years-a LaBatt's Blue about a month ago-stopped keeping it around because I have 3 boys and don't want to cause them a problem...used to drink one every night...I thinks I had one cigar last year-was a Tampa Nugget, if I remember---some things are important-some aren't...but they're nice occasionally.
I like them once in a while - outside only though.

·
Registered
122 Posts
i agree with the outside only thing and moderation beer and a cigar is pretty tasty almost as good as good coffee and a cigar

1 - 20 of 22 Posts