Ruger Forum banner

41 - 60 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
What happened when the first shot was fired? Everyone scattered like rabbits. The protestors, looters and antifa's are not trained soldiers. They are not willing to die for their cause. They don't even have interest in a fair fight.

I would prefer the highest chance that after my first shot the immediate threat I fired upon no longer wants to continue the fight.

The odds of needing more than eight rounds are exceedingly unlikely even in a mob scenario. How many will stick around after the first few attackers are on the ground? It just ain't gonna happen.

If I need more than that, I will be heading for cover while changing a mag.

·
Registered
298 Posts
At any time during my daily routine I'm carrying a Glock 26 and 40 rounds of ammunition. I'd like to carry something in .45 ACP like the Glock 30, but it's not as viable due to the depth of my pockets, and the lack of available cargo holsters. To me capacity is very important, and in the current situation we found ourselves in, capacity becomes even more important.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Well, guess I'm certainly not the only one thinking this way.

I don't want to appear naïve as if we've never gone through riots or civil unrest before. I know the 1960s were times of change marked by some domestic terrorism of sorts, but I wasn't around then so I don't know if what we see today is really comparable.

I have a gut feeling that the mobs now are a lot more vicious and unpredictable, and less rooted in basic Christian values of normalcy and mercy.
You aren't wrong. The mobs of today would not only murder the mobs of yesteryear for not going for enough in their extremism, they would also physically cannibalize and devour their bodies for sustenance.

·
Registered
5,460 Posts
The mobs of today would not only murder the mobs of yesteryear for not going for enough in their extremism, they would also physically cannibalize and devour their bodies for sustenance.
This is a truly bizarre statement........is this opinion or can it be verified with facts?

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
Mob mentality is always strong they feed off each others emotion but when the shooting starts and the mob breaks down it becomes everyone for themselves.

The thing about a mob is that they could easily overpower you or anyone else if they are willing to take casualties but that means each person in the mob must be willing to die for the mob.

The other side of the coin is that if you are going to stand up to the mob you have to without hesitation be willing to take out as many of them as possible if push comes to shove. You may lose in the end but if you take out 10-15 of them the mob is not going to be so willing the next time they come upon someone like you.

This quote says it all Here's how you get him. He pulls a knife, you pull a gun. He sends one of yours to the hospital, you send one of his to the morgue! That's the Chicago way

·
Registered
259 Posts
During the recent "activities", there was this...not sure how to describe him...who had a compound bow with arrow. He "brandished" it at a crowd. They jumped him, beat him severely, turned over and burned his SUV. The police had to go into the mob and rescue him. We never heard the result...was he being threatened after taking a wrong turn, or looking for trouble? What would the result have been if he had been properly armed? Our Police Forces were professional...and made me proud of them. It looks like that the old fashioned "a** kicking" police forces may be coming back...that is, if the sissified politicians will allow them to do what they need to. Of course, Chicago and Los Angeles in the '60s and '70s were no place to be, either.
I've always been a revolver and .22 rimfire person, but nowadays, the utility of a high-capacity weapon seems to make sense! But...the name of the game seems to be the same as before...survive, not kill or wound 15 and die!

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
No one, who has ever needed a firearm to defend themselves has said," I wish I had less ammo."
And in how many civilian encounters has someone run out of ammo?

Heck, roll a cart behind you with 1000 rounds. After all who ever said "I wish I had less ammo."

·
Registered
298 Posts
In other words it’s just opinion.......?
Based on observations of how strong the groupthink mentality has. No deviation from the group, no matter how small, is tolerated or condoned. They aren't allowed to be anything other than an echo chamber, otherwise they'll be turned on and torn apart by the angry mob they're surrounded by and now being looked at by.

·
Registered
5,460 Posts
Based on observations of how strong the groupthink mentality has. No deviation from the group, no matter how small, is tolerated or condoned. They aren't allowed to be anything other than an echo chamber, otherwise they'll be turned on and torn apart by the angry mob they're surrounded by and now being looked at by.
I would love to believe this. Please post a link or direct me to a link to reinforce your statement. It’s always good day for me when I can learn something new.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I would love to believe this. Please post a link or direct me to a link to reinforce your statement. It’s always good day for me when I can learn something new.
Well just bear in mind a lot of it is subjective, based on the responses and reactions of the unfocused crowd, but here's what I considered to be one example.

A female reporter, covering a Women's March event back in 2017. The male individual on camera is being unreasonably belligerent, and assaults the reporter on camera without so much as a second thought. And what do the female members of the Women's March event do? Do they come to the aid and support of the female reporter who was assaulted by a man? Do they knock the man to the ground and stomp on his face? No, they come to the aid of the male assailant and shield him with their own bodies, moving him back into the crowd so he can't be apprehended or identified.

These are the same type of women who claim women are just as good as men and don't need to be subservient, while simultaneously maintaining that women need special protective status because they're too weak to stand on their own two feet or merits. And yet they're siding with the guy they just witnesses attacking a woman for no good reason.

·
Registered
5,460 Posts
Charlie K, stories such as the one you linked are indeed disturbing. But I don't see how it fits into this narrative;

Especially this part of your statement;

They aren't allowed to be anything other than an echo chamber, otherwise they'll be turned on and torn apart by the angry mob they're surrounded by and now being looked at by.
Granted they didn't come to the reporters aid, which they should have. But the story doesn't illustrate that anyone was "turned on and torn apart by the angry mob they're surrounded by and now being looked at by".

I think I've spent enough time on this topic and I don't want to hijack FerealCatKillr's thread. I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect it.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Charlie K, stories such as the one you linked are indeed disturbing. But I don't see how it fits into this narrative;

Especially this part of your statement;

Granted they didn't come to the reporters aid, which they should have. But the story doesn't illustrate that anyone was "turned on and torn apart by the angry mob they're surrounded by and now being looked at by".

I think I've spent enough time on this topic and I don't want to hijack FerealCatKillr's thread. I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect it.
Well, Mark, I'm ashamed to say it but I'm speaking from my own experience. During my younger, stupider years, I spent about three years as a SJW. I never reached the vandalism/assault/criminal stage others so readily flock to, but I was in that angry, outspoken, offended stage when I read about certain news stories. I found out firsthand you don't question the narrative, you don't consider the facts, you don't pay any attention to the facts, you just scream from pure emotion to present a message of outrage. And I found out that if you can't keep the emotional state going indefinitely, your outrage atrophies and you start paying attention to relevant details as they're revealed; provided you're interested at all in law and order. When I tried to bring this point up to others, pointing out the outrage was being presented in defense of criminal scum, I was the one getting hated in response for daring to come to the defense of racists, because facts and truth are now apparently racist.

So, yeah, maybe the part about cannibalism was a bit exaggerated to sell the point of just how intolerant these angry mobs are. But other than that I think it's an accurate assessment, to support the notion that more firepower is needed at present time in history, than was ever needed at any previous point in history during times of social unrest.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I’ve moved from my trusty LC9 to a Glock 27 and in the backpack is a S&W M&P in .40 S&W. With two extra mags for each, that’s over 70 rounds. If that doesn’t get me clear of trouble, then I’m in deeper than I should have allowed myself to get.

Also, I’ve “up-gunned” the bedside table to an AR-15 with four 30-round magazines. Not much ANTIFA activity in the immediate area of my home, yet, but that can change in a minute.
[/

Anyone voting for the left side of the ticket won’t have an AR-15, if they get their way. Mr. Sleepy has publicly said that he & Beto will be coming for them

·
Registered
4 Posts
Today's circumstances does warrant the wise gun owner to round out his self defense package... In my case what may or may not be laying around is more than sufficient should marauders have the bad luck of coming anywhere near this part of town.... The one area I have neglected until a few weeks ago was to CMA in the Legal area and I strongly advise anyone reading this to do the same.... I went with CCW Safe for my personal self because it was the only way to go after I did 10 minutes of research.... There aren't that many dedicated organizations out there to choose from so it doesn't take long to research and find one that covers your situation........ The cost was surprisingly affordable for most of them too...... I pray no one I know ever has to do the deed because it will change your life forever.... If we do find ourselves in that situation I can only hope you have some real training and a plan to get yourself on the far side of it.....

Good Luck Fella's & Watch That Six......

41 - 60 of 127 Posts