Ruger Forum banner

Civility

821 views 38 replies 19 participants last post by  Keith Smith 
#1 ·
I've said this before, but I'll repeat myself. This forum consists of gentlemen (and a few ladies). It is so nice to see people express their differences of opinions without personally attacking each other. I was just over at another forum. A member asked a simple question, "If I were to want an autoloader, why would I choose a Ruger?". There were a few reasonable, varied responses and then the thread turned ugly.

I've been a member there a lot longer than here, but I've only got 776 posts there, most of which where in the first 2 or 3 months. The attitude of a few of the members from the 'other Ruger Forum' are the reason I came here. Am I ever glad I did!

#6 ·
We can and should vigorously disagree and argue points...but not attack the person who disagrees or has a point we don't agree with or feel is wrong...it's so different here, so folksy and like it would be in life if people respect each other, differences or not...I call you all my family, and love you as friends, and disagree with a lot of you freely...I think if/when it hits the fan, we'll be shoulder to shoulder across this country fighting for what really matters!!! Some of us will have .45s, others will have to make do with....never mind.....;)

#18 ·
This place is like the small town cafe. Pass the coffee and discuss whats happening---even if nothing is happening. Good conversation, good ideas, good folks.

#23 ·
Yeah, we know....that's what makes this forum what it is...we have more in common than at differences...kinda like "Band of Brothers" except I ain't jumpin' outa no live and healthy airplane...but we'll stick together on the ground and see what happens.......

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.