Ruger Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
I ordered two sets for five shooters and two for six shooters.

·
Cat Herder
1,649 Posts
Just ordered a pair, hadn’t found a speed loader I liked for my J-frame, $12.50 with shipping (they sent me a 10% off code with new account). If I lost $12.50 I wouldn’t be terribly upset, so I figure this is low risk. If they were priced like SpeedBeez I’d be mad if they didn’t work well.

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Interesting, but I'm sticking to moon clips in my 442 pro...

·
Registered
765 Posts
Saw this yesterday. Looks interesting. I'll order a couple for my new Taurus 856.

·
Registered
234 Posts
They look interesting but I can't help but wonder how they will hold if carried in a pouch or pocket . If they hold up, they should be ok. I already have speed loaders for all of my revolvers so don't feel the need for them but they do look like a possible inexpensive alternative to speed loaders.
Cheers,
crkckr

·
Registered
452 Posts
I tried the six shooter string on my two Colt Detectives and the Cylinder is too small and the holes more closely spaced makes it very awkward, made for a bigger circle of holes. tried them on my 357 GP100 and they worked pretty well, I did have to lightly press them in place, but then the zip was very satisfying and they dropped right in place.

The five shooter bound on both my J-frame 637, and Taurus 605. Both lacked Combat cut stocks, but even if I had them it looks as if they might bind.

·
Registered
452 Posts
I bought a cheap set of nylon pouches from Tuff products that will hold these or speed loaders.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Mine arrived, they work really well. Some notes:

* If you hold the revolver the "right" way when reloading, you will need to hold the crane in place with your left thumb while using the speed loader. which is a bit odd at first.
* When I first started using it, I'd have the last couple of rounds pop out of the cylinder because I was either pulling at the wrong angle or not holding the cylinder crane which leads to pulling at the wrong angle.
* 6-shot fits well in GP100

·
Premium Member
14,131 Posts
Hmmm.............I will stick with my speed loader.

·
Cat Herder
1,649 Posts
I got the five shot for my j-frame. They work for loading and are pretty quick, but very different. First where you don’t want to force a normal speed loader in (HKS is too tight a fit with my j-frame grips) these need it as this flexes the plastic and lets the rounds fit into place. Second, if you snap it off too fast you have to stop the cylinder spinning as the angular momentum will keep the rounds from dropping all the way in.

With the flexible nature of the plastic I would absolutely not use these for pocket carry, I think they would lose rounds. To be fair though, I don’t pocket carry a speed loader in general, if I take extra rounds it is a speed strip.

Would I buy again? No. Do I regret my purchase? Not really. I’ll keep these loaded next to where I store my CCW at night, just in case I ever need it, definitely better than no loader or even a speed strip for a reload if you need it at home.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts