Ruger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can it be replaced with a Troy or other fore end Handguard or is the stock Handguard exclusive to the CLA.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Not sure if the barrel nut is proprietary or not. If not I'm going to guess you could mount other hand guards, but they may have to be modified for the operating rod to go through.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure if the barrel nut is proprietary or not. If not I'm going to guess you could mount other hand guards, but they may have to be modified for the operating rod to go through.
My thoughts also. Hope someone has done it, otherwise I will leave it as is. Maybe just order rails and screw them on.

·
Registered
209 Posts
You're CLA should have come with rails that you could screw on. Did you get them? If not there are cheaper rails out there than the ones ruger sells.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You're CLA should have come with rails that you could screw on. Did you get them? If not there are cheaper rails out there than the ones ruger sells.
It came with a couple of 3" rail pieces and 3 cheesy plastic cover pieces for the fore end. I'd like at least a full rail on the bottom. I may just order the Ruger 9" for the bottom.

·
Registered
9 Posts
It came with a couple of 3" rail pieces and 3 cheesy plastic cover pieces for the fore end. I'd like at least a full rail on the bottom. I may just order the Ruger 9" for the bottom.
If you are looking for a full quad rail I'd be willing to trade you. I have the FB and looking to lighten up the front a bit. Its pretty front heavy with the can I have.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you are looking for a full quad rail I'd be willing to trade you. I have the FB and looking to lighten up the front a bit. Its pretty front heavy with the can I have.
Thanks, but problem solved...Ordered and installed a lower rail.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts