Ruger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone bought any grips from clc grips recently? I went to his website and it says he had to quit making grips due to health reasons.

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
Cary is still dealing with some health issues. He isn't doing any grips in the immediate future.

Hoping he fully recovers . . .

·
Registered
998 Posts
I first contacted Cary over fifteen years ago. At the time he was only offering light colored wood, and that "stabilized". I was looking for someone to make me a pair of mesquite wood grips, but I wanted oil finished grips. He found a source of mesquite wood, and agreed to make me a pair of oil finished grips, using Tur-Oil. These are those grips:

Since that time I've had him make me several more grips of walnut. He has suspended grip making for awhile, and his grips are sure missed. They were second to none.

Here on one of my Super Blackhawks:

Bob Wright

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Private Shultz makes nice grips.
Yes he does, Carl is making me a set of birdseye maple to go on my single seven as we speak but he doesn't do black micarta anymore, that's why I asked about clc because he's about the only one I saw that makes some nice black micarta grips. Unless you guys know anyone else?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts