Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yep Molly the M 1 Garand got a good cleaning last nite. I use tansmisson oil, yea I know it smells to high heaven but if you add a few drops of scented oil. The stuff ya get of oil lamps then it will cover the smell. I love transmisson oil as it really does a great job on cleaning. As men she had a lot of dried grease on her too. But she is all better now.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
I've only shot a garand on one range outing. Needless to say i was impressed.
A club held a 3 position match every month shooting at 100, 200, 300 yds. Had scoped and iron divisions. The garand shooters (these guys were authorities on garands)frequently out-scored the scope guys(regulated to 6X power). But the best shooter was an ole' ex-marine who showed up with an 03A3. He cleaned everybodys clock. Always liked the look on some AR-15 shooters faces when they see how a garand performs in the hands of a capable shooter.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes they are quite impressive for sure, I get alot of folks that just drewl over my M1 A that I take to the range from time to time. Reall nice lamander wood on her. And she knows where the holes go too. We have metal plate out at 200 yards. And they have to replace it several times a year. And of course they have gottenin to calling it Snuffy's plate these days. I love to shoot, the 03 A3 in the right hands its all over if they see ya. Those are some good rifle's.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
[:p][^]Snuffy
We really need to see some pictures of Molly. I hope she isn't bashfull!

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
guys I would love to show her off please believe me. But this red neck here isn't able to post picture and I have printed the the instructions and I am still messing up. Whats a red neck to do lol

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Snuffy

guys I would love to show her off please believe me. But this red neck here isn't able to post picture and I have printed the the instructions and I am still messing up. Whats a red neck to do lol
Maybe it is from sniffing all that transmission oil! Try Hoppes #9 and it will clear your head! :)

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
gunman that is my after shave ya know

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
I hear ya, Snuffy. My house wouldn't be the same without the fragrance of #9 in the air!

·
Registered
693 Posts
Hey, Snuffy, do you need a hand to post pics? Seems everybody wants to see your ole Molly.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I sure do pal have to get the picture of Molly delevoped once I do and get then one th computer I get you to help if ya would pal

·
Registered
693 Posts
It's no prob, man. You can't post pictures right from your PC if you don't have a web-server installed. I assume you don't; so first of, you need to upload them wherever they would be accessible from. For instance, you could use free service http://photobucket.com/ - go there, click on big red button "Join Now", and register as easy as you've registered here. Under the tab "images from my PC" you'll see a few input boxes following with buttons "Browse". Click on the first one, select a pic from your PC and click "Upload" below input boxes. After receiving message "1 of 1 image has uploaded!", look at the blue bar underneath of the page. Click on "images(1)", it's gonna show your picture and three code boxes underneath. Copy a code from the third one "IMG Code", and paste it in your post as is. That's it, pal. Enjoy it! :)

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ok this is a trial one to see if I got it. if this works this is an over veiw of my guns. I haven't gotten Molly'sd picture back yet.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
whooooooooooooooo Hooooooooooooooooo thanks Blade hot dang I did it but not without your help thanks pal.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Now that is what i call a spread!

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thank you, now ya know I am really sick with the fever lol.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Sure anytime, Snuffy! Man, your collection is VERY impressive. Is your illness called gun-o-mania? Wish I have that fever too! LOL

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Snuffy
You probably don't need this but it is an old orginal Garand chart --the illustrated pics from the chart of that era is what makes it interesting if you like collecting such.

http://www.chestnutridge.com/gchart.asp

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Blade you hit it on the head pal. Its catching, it goes back to the training from basic your weapon is your only friend. And I always wanted alot of friends lol.
deputy125 thanks I really appreciate that cite, one can never have to much information on any weapon.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I know Blade, there is no cure so we are safe. Someone once told me just think of what you could have if ya didn't have those guns. Life to me wouldn't be worth living. The ones that I have hunted with I can close my eyes and relive those hunts. And when I relive those hunts I remember my Dad and my Brother in law. The good times we had laughing joking with each other. Both of them have pasted away but the memories still live in me as if it was yesterday.
Sure can't do that with a game boy, or what ever that stuff is called. No we have th much better way of life, we are much more happeir. We are more in control of our lives, and most of all we have honnor amoung our selves. And the ones that want to attack us when they are the ones in the wrong to start with.
Nothing beats a opening day hunt with your Dad and Brother in Law, after the hunt the cleaning of the game the story telling. Setting by the fire place listening the fire crackle, now that is living. And I hope I will never forget it.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts