Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know all us old guys know this, but some of the younger generation may not have ever seen one-I played with them as a child-my Grandpa used them for the original purpose-and they're the best thing to have handy when cleaning a weapon-so much so that in the service they issue them to everyone-----can anyone under 30 tell me what I'm talking about????

·
Retired Moderator & Gunsmith
16,357 Posts
My guess would be a denture brush. They are bigger and have stiffer bristles than a tooth brush.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
I'm getting real curious, would you young guys answer that. I know you're over thirty also Iowegan, maybe its a toothpick.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nope-and since there's no takers on the young side of 30-ANYBODY???????

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not MY rifle-someone will guess it tonight, I have faith in you guys...remember..................maybe they only issued them in the Corps----

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Here's my guess from the under thirty crowd - q-tips?

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
quote:Originally posted by sheepdog

Here's a hint-Popeye knows....
I'm not cleaning my gun with spinach! Oh....wait....could it be olive oil? Condom?

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Are you making this crap up?

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Did you see my condom guess? If I'm right, is this going to be like a Karma thing or something? (P.S. - I'm still not cleaning my gun with spinach!)

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
No, Rman-if my grandfather had used a condom, I wouldn't have been here-----duh.......

1 - 20 of 57 Posts