Ruger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been thinking about putting a scope on a 10/22, and I was out today shopping for one. While I was out there, a thought occurred to me that caused me to stop and reconsider. I imagine this is an old question, but I'm wondering how do you take a 10/22 down for cleaning if it has a scope mounted on the receiver? If you have to take the scope off, can I assume it needs to be zeroed again once it's back on?

Seems like a bit of a pain. I don't take mine down for cleaning quite as often now as I used to, but I still do it. It doesn't take all that much shooting with dirty .22lr to get things really filthy. The only way to really get a 10/22 clean is to take the bolt out.

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
Just watch a you tube video showing the 10/22 being disassemble with a scope on. I don't think you will have a problem.

·
Retired Moderator & Gunsmith
17,044 Posts
ditto1958, I put a Nikon 2~7x on my TD and found one issue worth mentioning. I used Medium Weaver rings with the factory supplied scope base. When I set the scope's eye relief, I found out the bottom of the front lens bell collides with the rear sight. This makes it impossible to rotate the barrel for take down. The fix was quite simple ... I just moved the scope a little until the rear sight cleared the lens bell and everything worked fine.

With standard 10/22s ... not a problem at all. The scope mount and scope stay attached to the receiver so you can take the trigger group and bolt out if you want ... or just leave them in if you want to clean the bore.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Seems like some food advice.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts