Ruger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I'm a newbie to Ruger Forum..But a proud owner of a Ruger SR9..my first gun ever. But i got a quick question I never cleaned a gun before but I watch a man clean a P95 on youtube and I got the barrel clean and I've got the front of the slide cleaned all with Hoppe's Liquid Solvent. But I was not sure if I should used the Solvent around the whole back side of the slide where the striker is. Is it ok if I use the Solvent there? Because the manual said to use powder solvent on a clean patch or bristle brush and remove residue from all components of the mechanism, can I use the liquid solvent? And where should i put the oil, I know not to put it in the barrel, please be specific where. Thank you for your help I really appreciate and sorry for the long post

·
Registered
112 Posts
I too am the proud owner of an SR9.
As for using solvent on the inside components of the gun, I know that I do.
As for oiling, I put oil on the rails that guide the slide and I also lightly oil the ejector lever. Just remember to only lightly oil, because all excess oil will do is attract dirt and gunk that you don't want in there.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
O ok so you put a little oil on the guide on top of the polymer frame right? But do you clean the back side of the slide with liquid solvent where the stringer is?

·
Registered
269 Posts
I spray the slide/striker area down with Break-Free or Hoppe's and let it sit. I do the same with the barrel. I use an old tooth brush to work around the striker area of the slide and then blow everything out with air. I use slide grease rather than oil to lube the frame rails.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts