Ruger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this has been ask before but I have been watching cleaning videos on youtube. I see people using bore snakes and bore guides and wearing gloves for the chemicals. I read good and bad about theses products, so I am asking what you all have had good luck with. I have always used a rod with patches and a brass bore brush and I never use gloves.

Thanks
FES

·
Banned
1,641 Posts
I don't use gloves. I have a bore snake for .22 that I use and I use a rod with a brass brush. I try not to clean from the muzzle end if I can help it, but I don't remove my barrel so it's impossible.

·
Registered
673 Posts
An Otis multi-caliber flexible rod cleaning kit.

Ballistol.

The flexible rod doesn't need a bore guide. Pull from breech to muzzle. Use brushes, & patches just like any other cleaning kit. Ballistol is non-toxic. It cleans & lubes in one step, saving time.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I recently bought a .22 bore snake and I think it's much better then driving crud down the barrel with my old rod setup.

·
Registered
549 Posts
I use frog Lube and it has been great so far, Plant based, smells nice and you don't need any gloves, works great on my SR22-CT & Glock 22 Gen4.

·
Registered
5,349 Posts
i use bore snakes on everything of mine, but i also use the flexible coated 'rod' for patches, etc. so far, i've used hoppe's products for everything. i do wear gloves, 'cuz as much as i kind of like the smell my work space is limited and i don't want more exposure than i already have.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts