Ruger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have one of the clear BX-1 ten round magazines and 9 of the black ones. The clear one does not fall free from the magazine well and takes quite a bit of fiddling to get it come come out. None of the black ones have this problem.

Does anyone else have this problem with the clear mags?

·
Registered
589 Posts
If all of your black mags drop ok and the clear one doesn't sounds like the clear one might be a little bigger than the black ones. Do you have a way to measure the clear one to compare it to the black ones? A digital caliper would work well for measuring or maybe just a 6" scale. Might check for plastic flash on the edges of the clear mag that could keep it from ejecting easily if it is it can easily be trimmed off .

·
Registered
122 Posts
I have had to clearance a few of mine. Mind you I am down to maybe 2 dozen of them, and if pressed I might be able to find 5 at any time. I leave them around and they get cleaned up for me.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
232 Posts
i use couplers (dual or tri-mag), so getting BX mags out is not a problem - magwells on different 10/22s or Chargers also vary, at least for me on my four Rugers

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
I don't have any problem with the clear 10 round mags in my older, circa 1973, 10-22.

·
Registered
589 Posts
It would not be rocket science to figure out how his clear one differs from his others. A pair of calipers would do the trick.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts